Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One card at 50

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

One card at 50

Had to put one of my cards at 50 due to my sweet Lola dog needing blood and then passing away. Bill was over 4000 plus her urn was another 400. My other car da are at zero, now I have to have a cardiac workup due to chest pain with ekg showing ischemia schedule for tomorrow. Do I put this on my 50% card or one of the zero balance. Pease no judgement
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One card at 50

Try not to stress too much over this. Utilization is one of those items that doesn't haunt you, once it is paid, it is paid. Even with the new scoring updates showing util and payments, it'll be obvious that it was a one time occurrance.

With that said, unless you are planning on applying for credit before these items are paid off, just do what you need to do. Having a maxed out card is not ideal, can you pay cash for any of it? Savings you can dip into and save it over again?

Message 2 of 3
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Re: One card at 50

Just such bad timing as I planned on mortgage app next month. I will just have to postpone till I pay it down to 8%. Testing tomorrow is not covered u see insurance until I meet my 6000 deductible of which I met 0, so gotta pay it in full up front , ~2500. So looks like I am back to saving !
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.