cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing Dispute on EQ, EX, TU during mortgage application?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Ongoing Dispute on EQ, EX, TU during mortgage application?

Back in 2011, I had a late payment on a Best Buy Credit Card. Eventually I paid it off, and it no longer affected my credit score, however it was still on my record in 2019. I took the advice of others on here on my own will, to file a dispute with EQ, EX, and TU to have it removed for still being on my record past 7 years. Well now, I just skimmed through a forum which says that there shouldn't be any pending disputes while in the middle of a mortgage process? I'm doing a new-construction build and will be closing on 05/01/19!! Now i'm freaking outttttt. 

EX has already removed that specific late from my record, causing my credit score is increase by 8. The other two are still pending.

2 REPLIES 2
Regular Contributor

Re: Ongoing Dispute on EQ, EX, TU during mortgage application?

Theres no reason to worry, it's a very simple fix. Your lender can call their credit provider - have you write a letter stating you no longer wish to dispute item. This literally can take a matter of 3 days to fix. This is the easiest way but not necessarily the best since your 8 point score increase will go away.
A better option is getting a letter from Best Buy showing its been paid and maybe get a letter of deletion from them. Your lender can provide Best Buys info to their credit vendor and have it removed. This is called a (Rapid Rescore) This too takes the same amount of time as the above option, it just depends how fast you can get Best Buy to fax you proof. I dont see why it would take them longer than a day or 2. This 2nd option is the way to go.
Message 2 of 3
Established Contributor

Re: Ongoing Dispute on EQ, EX, TU during mortgage application?

Most lenders won't pay any attention to Accounts under dispute with a $0 balance.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.