Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opting out??

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

Opting out??

I am about to apply for a mortgage next month, should I consider opting out?? What are the benefits?? Will that affect my ability to get score updates, either on myFico or others (credit karma, credit sesame, etc)?

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Opting out??

Opting out removes your name/address from promotional solicitations via creditors who buy information from the CRAs.

It may also provide some protections against the CRAs selling your information to CAs based on certain triggers like applying for a home loan.

It will not in anyway affect your ability to check/monitor/purchase your own credit reports and scores.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
wally101
Valued Member

Re: Opting out??

I was pre approved a while ago for an FHA loan. Been in the process of a long short sale purchase and things are finally moving along. I don't think I have any baddies waiting to pop up, but would hate to have one come up. So...should I OPT OUT? And is this the correct place to do so https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t Any down sides? Thanks in advance.

EQ FICO score from here... EQ 716
USAA monitoring Experian Plus scores : EX 773 EQ 773 TU 785
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.