Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for our home question

tag
nate79416
Regular Contributor

Options for our home question

Our home will not come with blinds, the builder charges $2400 for blinds, we want outside lights cost for that is 650, and upgrading to stainless steel applianes is 700. Ofcourse we can roll this into our home loan, but does this really make sence to do this, verses doing it ourselves, we want nice thick blinds our home will be almost 2400sf is that the going price for blinds, I'm just trying to make the best decision, because when we start adding options we are adding to the purchase price. Did you add basic options like this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Options for our home question

you can price them outyourself as well. I just bought my house (with cheap vinyl blinds pretty much throughout). I was stunned how much the really good ones areSmiley Frustrated

For my bedroom I went with top-down bottom up celular shades (room darkening). 2 windows (27x53 and 35x53) was over 300 bucks. I did go with really good quality (levelor 10 year non-prorated warranty). I will be making some comprimises in some other rooms eesh.

My local home depot has some excellent people in that department, so we put together a plan to replace the others (going a room at a time). nice wood slat blinds are working out to roughly 70 bucks a window based on my quote. if you have a 0 percent deal (or will after you close) you might do better buyingthem yourself, otherwise rolling them into your loan is realtively cheap.

Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Options for our home question

pay for it yourself or amortize it over 30yrs......

pretty simple.

if you can do it yourself and recover from that pretty quickly and start saving again,,,, then doing it yourself is wiser.

on the other hand, there might be other things you want later.... so freeing up the cash is a consideration.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.