Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 31 of 37
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

Re: Outstanding Conditions Angst!

Aside to Mauve:  how did you make out with your intra-family finances?  My hats off to you for daring to take on a rehabber.  Hope all goes well in your pursuit of the 'American Dream' as they say.

Update:  My LO and the underwriting processor put my transcript request through Monday the 28th.  So far, have not heard anything.  My insurance agent said she was told early next week is what they are shooting for and my RA told me it should be no later than next Friday. 

I am still hoping for this Friday or Saturday if that is possible. 

I have learned alot this first time around.  When you think you have checked everything that you can possibly check; check again.  I am making a list of items to double check just in case I ever attempt to buy another house in another lifetime. 

Taxes are at the top of the list.

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 37
mauve
Valued Contributor

Eh, Bank of Grandpa's CFO (Mom) didn't quite understand the situation and it's not worth it to argue with her.   She thinks I'm spending too much, she thinks the house isn't worth it, and she didn't even understand that "there were two other offers on the house" means that I got it even though other people wanted it - she thinks it means that two separate people had tried to rehab it and failed.  She's making a strong case for her need to be put in a memory care facility, since she also was complaining that it's a bad idea because the bank I was originally going to use told her they'd sell an FHA loan to Fannie or Freddie.  I can't waste my time pursuing this path - I'm going to do the dreaded Thing I Shall Not Speak Of Here Because I Will Get A Ton Of Negative Comments. 

I met with two contractor options this week, and I will have all of my documents to my loan officer tomorrow (I hope) and then we'll deal with the seller, etc etc and hopefully I'll close some time in April.  Unless Freddie freaks out at the FHA contract extension.  Then I'm doomed to finding something else.  I'm soldiering on.  I know this isn't the end of the drama, but at least I've found a contractor that I'm comfortable with.  I'm hoping your IRS situation works out!  You inspired me to order my transcripts last week to make sure I had them available and handy if my LO asks for them. 

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010

Message 33 of 37
mauve
Valued Contributor

Did you get the keys? 

Message 34 of 37
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

Re: Outstanding Conditions Angst! UPDATE: Closing Closing Closing Today!!!

The IRS processed my return within two weeks of receipt, maybe overnighting helped I do not know for sure.  Wells was not going to reconfirm my taxes for two months, I was told that is their policy.  HuH?  The processor showed them my screen printout showing the IRS processing my refund so they sent a second request which took a week to get returned.  It came back this Monday.  The underwriting dept did not fax my paperwork over to the title agency like they were supposed too.  They forgot.  So, I called my helpful processor and she got them to refax the paperwork.  Just left the the bank with my check.  Have to clock in to work today and the title person is coming to my job to close at 6pm.    Sigh of relief.  I am too stressed to celebrate.   Happy relief for me.  Thanks to one and all for the moral support.

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 37
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Outstanding Conditions Angst! UPDATE: Closing Closing Closing Today!!!

Wow, you get a closing delivered to you at the end of the workday?  Excellent! 

Message 36 of 37
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

Haha i'm in the SAME boat.  We are waiting to hear back from the LO today just to see what we are pre-approved for, and my stomach is in knots!  I can't imagine what it will be like while waiting for underwriting etc... oh my lord =)  You all have my sympathy.  

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.