Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE CLARIFY BEFORE I SCEW UP

tag
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

PLEASE CLARIFY BEFORE I SCEW UP

SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT I AM SOOOO FRUSTRATED!!!!  

My question is:  If i have dispute remarks which i need to remove and I request them to be removed will this update the file and make it look active. 

What I mean is my LO told me that anything that is reporting recent needs to be paid!!

....so I noticed that in the past i have disputed an old debt and it revised the reporting date to a current date!!!! 

So, would i do more harm than good in having them remove the dispute remarks if in turn this is going to revise the debt status?? 

These are 2 medical bills, one is from 2008 the other from 2011.

Thanks and keep up the good work....once I learn all i will share my experiences...by now i can write a book on this Smiley Mad

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: PLEASE CLARIFY BEFORE I SCEW UP

It may update the Date of Last activity but it is not going to change the date the account was sent to collections or the date of service for medical bills. Only your loan officer would be able to tell you whether you will be required to pay off all collections or what ones may be allow to be forgiven. And they may say they need to wait until the underwriters look at it. Their concern is going to be whether the creditor can sue you for a judgment on the bill  first. Even if they can't some lenders require all collections to be paid as a part of their overlay not the loan program you are working with (such as FHA / VA / etc.)

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.