Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP! BIG MISTAKE

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Tax Transcript Nightmare

I'm literally sick to my stomach because of this tax situation.  What if they put a lien on my credit reports or something for the penalty of not filing?  I know they said that you get a "one time" forgiveness but I don't believe them. I paid $284.00 and have a copy of the cashed check that has my SS# and it says "efiled 2010".  Paying on time but not filing I don't think is any better than just not filing or paying at all.

Why is it every day when I call the IRS I get a different story in terms of how long it will take them to process the return?  How can it be taking so dang long?  They havent even gotten them processed yet so I can go to the IRS office to get my taxes stamped.  I do know that the return has been accepted so that's good, I guess.

I am worried sick that this is going to be a deal breaker and I won't get the house.  It is seriously just my luck that this would happen.  I'm so wigged I can't stand being in my brain.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 11 of 15
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

They don't usually file a lien unless its over 5k or maybe 10k now. They can attach your wages or bank account but usually they just offset your future returns at first if you don't pay. As for the house purchase I don't have a clue.

Message 12 of 15
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I kinda figured they wouldn't go to all that trouble for 75 bucks in penalties, or whatever 20% of 284 is.  But you just never know.  I've read every word on the IRS website and am getting nowhere.  Because people who don't file don't pay, and I paid, so It's an assssbackwards kinda thing.  Just my style.

Message 13 of 15
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Tax transcripts are done!! Now that's some fast and speedy work on the behalf of the IRS.   Smiley Happy  Now I just need to get an accepted offer and I can move on. 

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, 

Looks like you went through what i'm going through now. Only difference is that we files the taxes but the amended taxes didn't get filed. We just got our commitment letter from the lender but they need to see the transcripts with the amended taxes. It seems like they got your transcripts fast... How did you get them to update your transcripts? Any help would be great!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.