cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP! HAVE UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER TO RAISE MY MORTGAGE SCORES BY 30 POINTS!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PLEASE HELP! HAVE UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER TO RAISE MY MORTGAGE SCORES BY 30 POINTS!

Hello Everyone,  I am in a mess.  I got preapproved for a mortgage in August and we finally found one that we liked this past week, we put in an offer and they accepted, but when I got my new credit scores from MyFico two days ago it said that my mortgage middle score went from 651 down to 626 when they preapproved me back in August.  Now I think I know what the issue is but I am not positive.   Three weeks ago, we were going through a very rough time here, my brother in law, that I was very close to, passed away and we had to lay him to rest,  three days after they laid him to rest my two year old puppy got ran over right in front of my son's eyes in front our house and he was not doing very well and neither were we.   Well, these events happened in the weeks that two of my cards were closing their cycle.  I scheduled the minimum since it is automatically but I did not pay the full balance and those two cards reported with a high balance.  I am thinking this is the issue since I don't see anything else.  We are set to close mid November on this house and my credit report with the lender expires at the end of October and I need a middle score of atleast 650.  As of now this is how my situation looks in the credit bureaus per the MyFico App:

Fico Scores 8 

Equifax 674

Transunion 634

Experian 637.

Fico Score 5,4 and 2

Equifax 649

TransUnion 626

Experian 660

9 Inquiries

Which were 6 in June 2020 from the Morgage Lender and 3 in December 2019 From another Mortage lender when we first tried to buy a house 

1 collection 

Comcast/ Diversified Consultants

Paid May 13,2018

$0

-Mariner Finance (closed account)

updated 07/2020 Pays as agreed

$0 Balance 

-Commenity/ Roomplace 

updated 09/2020  Pays as agreed, (except with Experian  1 30 day late 01/2019)

$0/ $4200 balance 

-Bank Of America 

updated 09/2020 Pays as Agreed 

$506/$500 

-PayPal Closed account 

updated 08/2020

paid as agreed (except Experian , 60 days late 11/2019)

$0

-The home Depot 

updated 09/2020 Pays as agreed 

$0/$750

-Credit One Bank 

Updated 09/2020 Pays as agreed 

$1014/$1000

-Discover CC 

$0/$800

-The Childrens Place

$64/$750

-Indigo Celtic Bank

$0/$300

-PHH Mortgage 

balance $99,721

I hope you guys can please help me and give any advice.  I really don't want to lose this house.  Thank you so much in advance. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: PLEASE HELP! HAVE UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER TO RAISE MY MORTGAGE SCORES BY 30 POINTS!

@Anonymous     If that is the only difference that you think is the raise in UTL (which very well could be) Correct it and hopefully when it reports this month Updated with a LOWER balance if possible than your last statement BEFORE it went up, then you should see your points jump back.       If it is other underlying things too that could be a difference.

Message 2 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: PLEASE HELP! HAVE UNTIL THE END OF OCTOBER TO RAISE MY MORTGAGE SCORES BY 30 POINTS!

Have you tried to see if you can get that Collection OFF your reports?!      If so then don't sweat on it this second, but if you haven't that may help in a boost too but that can take some time to update to your CB's.....so if that was there before (which it sounds like it was) it really may just be the UTL issue

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@Anonymous     If that is the only difference that you think is the raise in UTL (which very well could be) Correct it and hopefully when it reports this month Updated with a LOWER balance if possible than your last statement BEFORE it went up, then you should see your points jump back.       If it is other underlying things too that could be a difference.

Nothing else has changed on my credit report and I have not missed a payment so I am almost positive it is the balances.  Should I pay them all down to $0 balances?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I have not tried that and I was actually thinking of trying that today.  I am going to call and see if it works.  Thanks 
@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Have you tried to see if you can get that Collection OFF your reports?!      If so then don't sweat on it this second, but if you haven't that may help in a boost too but that can take some time to update to your CB's.....so if that was there before (which it sounds like it was) it really may just be the UTL issue

Message 5 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous    Depending on what is on your other cards then you don't want them all to report 0 that will penalize you.      If you can report all but one with a small amount on a Bank issued card and the rest 0 that would be ideal.       But you don't want it to be such a small amount it rounds it down to 0 either.      So for example if you have a 1k CL and you don't want to put 1 dollar on it it may report as 0% being used.     Maybe have 25 or 35 on it (something 8% or lower but above 1%) Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 13
pt91978
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

Nothing else has changed on my credit report and I have not missed a payment so I am almost positive it is the balances.  Should I pay them all down to $0 balances?

If it is just the balances and you want to get those points back, please use the AZEO method (all zero except one) pay all your balances off and leave 1-2% left on one card before the statement cut.  GL!!

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok. Thanks I will do that then. Hopefully this will help. 🙏🤞🏼
@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@Anonymous    Depending on what is on your other cards then you don't want them all to report 0 that will penalize you.      If you can report all but one with a small amount on a Bank issued card and the rest 0 that would be ideal.       But you don't want it to be such a small amount it rounds it down to 0 either.      So for example if you have a 1k CL and you don't want to put 1 dollar on it it may report as 0% being used.     Maybe have 25 or 35 on it (something 8% or lower but above 1%) Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I will pay all down but one then. I'm praying this helps. 🤞🏼🙏
@pt91978 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

If it is just the balances and you want to get those points back, please use the AZEO method (all zero except one) pay all your balances off and leave 1-2% left on one card before the statement cut.  GL!!

Message 9 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous     Keep us Posted and GL to you!!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.