Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH MY PRE-APPROVAL

tag
doeblinv
New Contributor

PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH MY PRE-APPROVAL

OK I AM WITH A LEDNER RIGHT NOW AND HE GOT MY PRE-QUALIFIED AND NOW WE ARE GOING THRU THE PREAPPROVAL PROCESS,,,, AND i M ALREADY SO STRESSED....  I GOT A PRE QUL LETTER FOR 150000, BUT NOW IN UNDERWRITING MY LOAN AMOUNT HAS DECREASED BECASE OF SOME THINGS. 

i HAVE A SALARY BABIS AT 3466 CHILD SUPPORT AT 350 AND CHILD SUPPORT AT 489 SO MY TOTAL INCOME ON A MONTHLY BABIS IS 4300. THOUGHT THINGS WERE GOOD ON GETTING MY PREAPPROVAL SO I CAN GO PICK PUT MY HOUSE AND NOW THROUGH UNDERWRITING I AM SO STRESSED THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE DOING, NOW THIS IS MY FAULT ON ONE OF THE CHILD SUPPORT ORDERS I SENT I SENT A ENFORCEMENT ORDER.... ON THAT ORDER IT STATES HE WILL GO TO JAIL IN 90  DAY IS HE DOESNT COMPLY,,,, SO MY DUMB MISTAKE AND NOW THEY DONT WANT TO INCLUDE HIS 489 IN MY INCOME.....SO THIS TAKES DOWN MY INCOME AMOUNT IN THEIR EYES... THEN I DID NOT REALIZE WRITING MY MILLEAGE OFF WOULD TAKE INTO ACCOUNT MY INCOME, SO SINCE I ITEMIZED 12000 IN REIMBURSEDMILLEAGE, NOW THEY WANT TO TAKE THAT 12000 DIVIDE BY 12 AND TAKE 1000 OFF MY INCOME AGAIN!!! SO NOW i AM DOWN TO 2820 AS MY INCOME!!! I AM SO MAD ABOUT THE MILAGE THIS, IT IS ONLY FOR MILES!! SO MY PREQUAL OF 150 IS PROBABLY GOING TO BE MORE ABOUT 115 DUE TO ME BEING DUM AND SENDING THE ENFORCMENT ORDER AND NOT THE ORIGINAL ORDER. AND i SHOULD HAVE JUST SENT MY RETURN I FILED, NOT THE AMENDED RETURN.... ANDY SUGGESTIONS..... SHOULD I GO TO ANOTHER LENDER? i WOULD NOT SEND THE ENFORCEMENT ORDER JUST THE CHILD SUPPORT ORDER  (HE IS NOT GOING TO JAIL OR THEY WOULD HAVE TAKEN HIM THEN)   AND DO ALL UNDERWRITERS CALCULATE REIMBURSED MILEAGE AND AN ADDED BACK EXPENSE TAKING 1000 OFF OF MY MONTHLY INCOME?     MY INCOME AFTER THERI DEDUCTIONS IS ONLY 2820 AND IT SHOULD BE 4300,,,,,,,, THAT IS TOOMUCH OF A DIFERRENCE............SHOULD i TRY ANOTHER LENDER? ASAP

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH MY PRE-APPROVAL

@doeblinv wrote:

OK I AM WITH A LEDNER RIGHT NOW AND HE GOT MY PRE-QUALIFIED AND NOW WE ARE GOING THRU THE PREAPPROVAL PROCESS,,,, AND i M ALREADY SO STRESSED....  I GOT A PRE QUL LETTER FOR 150000, BUT NOW IN UNDERWRITING MY LOAN AMOUNT HAS DECREASED BECASE OF SOME THINGS. 

i HAVE A SALARY BABIS AT 3466 CHILD SUPPORT AT 350 AND CHILD SUPPORT AT 489 SO MY TOTAL INCOME ON A MONTHLY BABIS IS 4300. THOUGHT THINGS WERE GOOD ON GETTING MY PREAPPROVAL SO I CAN GO PICK PUT MY HOUSE AND NOW THROUGH UNDERWRITING I AM SO STRESSED THIS IS WHAT THEY ARE DOING, NOW THIS IS MY FAULT ON ONE OF THE CHILD SUPPORT ORDERS I SENT I SENT A ENFORCEMENT ORDER.... ON THAT ORDER IT STATES HE WILL GO TO JAIL IN 90  DAY IS HE DOESNT COMPLY,,,, SO MY DUMB MISTAKE AND NOW THEY DONT WANT TO INCLUDE HIS 489 IN MY INCOME.....SO THIS TAKES DOWN MY INCOME AMOUNT IN THEIR EYES... THEN I DID NOT REALIZE WRITING MY MILLEAGE OFF WOULD TAKE INTO ACCOUNT MY INCOME, SO SINCE I ITEMIZED 12000 IN REIMBURSEDMILLEAGE, NOW THEY WANT TO TAKE THAT 12000 DIVIDE BY 12 AND TAKE 1000 OFF MY INCOME AGAIN!!! SO NOW i AM DOWN TO 2820 AS MY INCOME!!! I AM SO MAD ABOUT THE MILAGE THIS, IT IS ONLY FOR MILES!! SO MY PREQUAL OF 150 IS PROBABLY GOING TO BE MORE ABOUT 115 DUE TO ME BEING DUM AND SENDING THE ENFORCMENT ORDER AND NOT THE ORIGINAL ORDER. AND i SHOULD HAVE JUST SENT MY RETURN I FILED, NOT THE AMENDED RETURN.... ANDY SUGGESTIONS..... SHOULD I GO TO ANOTHER LENDER? i WOULD NOT SEND THE ENFORCEMENT ORDER JUST THE CHILD SUPPORT ORDER  (HE IS NOT GOING TO JAIL OR THEY WOULD HAVE TAKEN HIM THEN)   AND DO ALL UNDERWRITERS CALCULATE REIMBURSED MILEAGE AND AN ADDED BACK EXPENSE TAKING 1000 OFF OF MY MONTHLY INCOME?     MY INCOME AFTER THERI DEDUCTIONS IS ONLY 2820 AND IT SHOULD BE 4300,,,,,,,, THAT IS TOOMUCH OF A DIFERRENCE............SHOULD i TRY ANOTHER LENDER? ASAP

You can try another lender, but I think the mileage would be an issue since mileage is not a consistent thing it varies from month to month and its not actually income it is considered reimbursement. I could be wrong and have been in my opinion just dont want to get your hopes up to be disappointed again.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 15
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

All I'll say about doing mortgages is to tell the truth, if you don't tell the truth very, very bad things happen to you.  Very bad things.

The underwriter should be able to add back depreciation on mileage if they are following Fannie Mae Form 1084.  If they are not, then send them the below information, and ask for a discount on their underwriting fee.

https://www.efanniemae.com/sf/formsdocs/forms/pdf/sellingtrans/1084.pdf

Line 14 – Depreciation: If the borrower has claimed automobile depreciation on Form 2106, this expense should be added to the borrower's income. Vehicle depreciation can be calculated one of two ways – by using the standard mileage deduction or actual depreciation expense. The method used by the borrower will be disclosed on the second page of Form 2106. If the borrower used the standard mileage deduction, multiply the business miles driven by the depreciation factor for the appropriate year and add the calculated amount to Total Income. If the borrower claimed the actual depreciation expense, add this amount to Total Income. 

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 15
doeblinv
New Contributor

there is nothing that I would be being dishonest about, my LO is the one who told me to maybe try another ledner and to not send the enforcement order. I have a print out to show I have been collecting, I should have just sent the original order, not the enforcement. They clearly said as long as he makes his payments he will not go to jail. They are just trying to scare him. They do not want to accept his payments because they fear he will go to jail. And they did not give me any credit for depreciation... I went ahead and applied with another lender..... hopefully we will have better results....

Message 4 of 15
Booner72
Senior Contributor

If your ex made all his payments why would he get a letter threatening Jail in the first place?  Poor guy.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 15
doeblinv
New Contributor

well texas oag does not work fast..... when it was first filed almost a year ago, he was paying only about 100 of the 489, once he got served, of course he started making more payments.... when he is short in a month, he will the next month send more..... of the 489, he has averaged about 400 of it a month, once he got served, he got scared.... so it just takes them a while and again the oag told him as long as he is not just sending 50 bucks he will be fine, they don't want him in jail either.... so has he paid perfect, no, but does he pay every month now that he was served a year ago, yes...... they just take forever at the oag, so it gives him time to recoop himself

Message 6 of 15
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@Shane:  What very very bad things?  What could happen other than being denied?

@doeblinv:  It seems you are being dishonest since you say he hasn't been able to pay the full amount each month. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 7 of 15
doeblinv
New Contributor

well I don't know how I would be dishonest.... they do have a print out from the oag to SEE his payments..... so how is that dishonest??

Message 8 of 15
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

doeblinv - not providing pertinent information about your situation, such as an amended tax return, and portraying that your original tax return, when you indeed know that your amended return was filed, would not be very forthcoming.  If you deliberately withheld it in an effort to get the underwriter to not take into consideration your mileage expenses then that could be looked at as fraud.  If you didn't know any better then it'd be an innocent mistake.  But you now know better, so that is why I am saying be truthful, or bad things will happen, up to including being looked into by the enforcement officials (info for Booner72).  You didn't do anything dishonest so far, but the language in your last post made it sound like the next lender you may - I just want to let you know that honesty is always the best policy.  If the letter threatening jail is no longer valid, then it's insignificant information.  If it is valid, like there were missed payments, or payments not being paid entirely, then it would carry some weight and would play importance.  By disclosing it you did nothing wrong.  It sounds like he may not be super consistant with the amount he is paying, and that may be the bigger reason rather than this letter, but the letter about jail probably just sealed the deal on the underwriter not wanting to use it.  The requirements for child support/alimony to be used are that it needs to continue for the first 3 years of the mortgage as well as for the last 12 months on time and for the full amount owed (+arrears if appears are owed) - has that been the case?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 9 of 15
doeblinv
New Contributor

he has paid since 2007, and will continue to pay for another 12 years.... just up until last year, the full payments were always made..... since last year, he would send different amounts, since he was served, since last nov, he has made monthly payments, if he is short one month, he will send more the next.... I would understand if they even just took the "average" payments since it is not always the same amount, but I would not think that they would just not use any ot it at all..... I have a 4 year history of payments and they are to continue for another 12 years... yes he has arrears, and that payment will actually continue after the 12 years for another 6... so I have 18 years of payments comming.... My statements were not to try to sound like I would be dishonest about anything, I was just angry at myself for not realizing what I sent.... I sould have just sent what they asked me, the order and proof of payments..... again, the enforcement has clearly been told to us that it will only take affect if he doesnt pay, and he has paid thank goodness, it scared him, if they wanted to take him to jail they would have already done it.....not given him the 90 days.... it is like a monitoring period..... and I have proof of the payments.....so as long as he is making his payments.... that enforcement is irrelevant..... And I apologize if I sounded like I was wanting to be dishonest, that was not the case, just unhappy that I was so unaware of the process and it just does not seem right for the mileage part...

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.