Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Explain the Lingo lol...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Explain the Lingo lol...

So I got an emai from my l.o. stating I have final approval, along with a mortgage commitment letter, and they instructed my realtor to set up closing for Tuesday.
As a first time homebuyer, my brain is completely scrambled, even still, FRIED, from the whole process. I think this is what I have seen referred to here as "clear to close", but just wanted to see if I could get some help decoding the lingo and what happens from here.
Thanks all!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Please Explain the Lingo lol...

Thats it. You are cleared to close.

Congrats
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 8
MzKoli
Contributor

Congrats
Message 3 of 8
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Congrats!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet music to my ears! Thanks all!!! Man I'll tell ya... the wealth of knowledge about credit, loans, etc. found on this board is an absolute godsend!!!
Message 5 of 8
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Congrats :-)

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  =)  Be sure to ask questions and peruse everything at closing.  You will be signing a lot, and though I hear it's easy to just sign and move on you'll want to take the time to understand everything. 

Message 7 of 8
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1, it took about an hour to close on our mortgage because I had a few questions and then after the docs were signed, I had to wait for the loan to be funded.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.