Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please HELP!

Hi everyone,

I need some major advice. My employer is refusing to give me an offer letter. This is my third week of employement and I have been asking for it every week, multiple times a week since I started the job. She tells me she will email it to me only to never do it (my own gut is telling me she is screwing with me). Not to mention, they also fudged up my first check stub (I am owed money). My paycheck is not accurate and therefore not a reflection of my acutal salary (and therefore, I did not send it to my lender). I brought the mistake up to my supervisor and she stated that I will see this adjustment on my next paycheck. I have sent all over required documentation to lender and per my loan officer everything looks great. They can issue me a pre-qualification when the get an offer letter or check stub. I was planning (reluctantly so, because time is not on our side) on using my next check but, to find out that they will do the adjustmen t(for the missing wages) on that check, lets me know that it too, will not be an accurate reflection of my salary. I'm not happy!

Anyone have any advice on what I should do? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Please HELP!

Assuming your goal is to get pre-approved as soon as possible, then I'd recommend you send your loan officer your paystub and also let them know that the earnings on it aren't accurate and will be corrected on the next paystub.  Your loan officer might need to contact your employer's HR/payroll department to get clarification on the error in your pay, but it shouldn't be a big issue.

Since you've already begun employment, they should no longer need the offer letter because they can confirm directly with your employer that you are already working.  The offer letter is used if you wanted to use the new employment to qualify and close on your loan before you'd get paystubs.  But you are just in the pre-approval process now, so by the time your loan closes you should have at least 2-3 more paystubs you can provide to the lender.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please HELP!

Thanks for the reply. I offered my check stub to my lender and she suggested that I send her my next one instead. She did mention the possibly of having to contact HR about the error in my pay. I get paid next week so, I'll send it in went I get it. I was finally given an offer letter today, but didn't mention this to my lender due to already starting the job. Despite this, my LO said I am good to go and can start house hunting! This is the best new I've heard in a while.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.