Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help, worried i won't qualify

tag
remarc
Regular Contributor

Please help, worried i won't qualify

Hi

To cut a long story short, im seperating from my wife of 6 years, we have two children together and i need to find a new home, was looking at getting a house instead of renting. Im really worried though looking at all the information ive gathered that my debt to income ratio is too high for a purchase. I know my debt is a little high but its the child support thats causing the biggest issue i think?, i have 8 more years to pay on this. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

1. Mortgage Credit Scores:  
not too sure as yet as ive not gone to see LO, but my fico scores are at TU 729 EX 720 EQ 711

2. Credit Negatives: 
only a one 30 day late from 6 years ago, falls of next year i think.

3. Gross Income.  
$44069 (full time employment)
I also run my own business which generates roughly $10K a year based on my current monthly earnings but ive got no tax returns as its only been running 10 months legit 

4. Source of income.  
  • Full Time Employment 
5. Monthly debt payments
Car Loan: $425
Credit Card $400
Child support: $485 (This this auto detucted from my pay monthly, $242 every two weeks)
Regarding my credit cards,  im currently at 22% credit untilization and have $69K in available credit.

6. Employment 
  • Type of employment: full time, & own business
  • How long 7.5 years
  • How long 15 years
7. Assets/Reserves. This is to determine how much you could potentially have as a down payment and also as reserves to help qualify (for example if your debt to income ratio is high this could help qualify you anyway).
  • Savings, $2K
  • Checking $4K
  • Stocks $2K
  • I can put down $3500 & also ive seen certain programs to help first time buyers in New Mexico with certain assitance.
8. Location:  
  • State New Mexico
  • County(s) Bernilio
  • City or zip(s) 87104
9. Property Description: 
  • Is it a single family house
10. Property Value
  • Purchase transaction: $90K to 105K 
11. Occupancy
  • Primary residence for myself and my two children who are 2 & 4
12. Transaction Type.  First time home buyer 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help, worried i won't qualify

https://www.zillow.com/mortgage-calculator/house-affordability/

The calculator seems to like to $800 for your DTI but it gives a max of 43% DTI to get the 105,000 amount Other things vary that you or your realtor would know like taxes and insurance effect affordability. Also the interest rate for your file.

FHA goes for higher DTI. Also your mortgage credit scores matter.

Additionally you need closing costs to come from somewhere.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.