cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to get home loan with a 585 score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to get home loan with a 585 score?

is it possible to get a home loan for 190k with a fico score of 595? Income is 120k. No debt beside car payment of 447 a month

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible to get home loan with a 585 score?

It's possible, but would depend on the lender having overlays higher than that score. FHA minimum is 500 though I've never heard of anyone with an approval from a score that low. I would assume that with a 585, you may need higher than a 3.5% DP to satisfy the lender.

Message 2 of 8
katrinalbsn
Contributor

I'm closing on my home next week and my middle score was 581, and make less than you. Inbox me if you want the name of my loan officer.
Message 3 of 8
katrinalbsn
Contributor

And, I only needed 3.5%...
Message 4 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

is it possible to get a home loan for 190k with a fico score of 595? Income is 120k. No debt beside car payment of 447 a month

The answer is yes ... BUT ... your file will require the underwriting process to be done manually so you must find a lender that has the inhouse capability to perform manual underwriting.

What is the source of your score and what the other two scores?

Message 5 of 8
katrinalbsn
Contributor

Mine was not manually underwritten.. I have a lender that only requires 580 for FHA
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ezdriver wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The answer is yes ... BUT ... your file will require the underwriting process to be done manually so you must find a lender that has the inhouse capability to perform manual underwriting.

Score is from my fico. Score is 595 585 578

Message 7 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Score is from my fico. Score is 595 585 578

I'm assuming that those are MyFICO mortgage scores?

There are lenders out there. Do not submit an application to any until you have it in writing that they have inhouse manual underwriting and that their internal guidelines will accomodate a 585 score. Keep in mind that the score that matters is the one that the lender pulls. Hopefully it would be at that or higher.

All the best.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.