cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Cleared to Close, Pre- Qualified for a mortgage, but uneasy with the process.

tag
Goldenticket
Established Member

Re: Pre- Qualified for a mortgage, but uneasy with the process.

The easiest way for you to get a huge bump in your scores is to go AZEO on your credit cards. All cards report zero except one that you keep at NOT ZERO but at less than 8.9% utilization. If you have automatics that pull from cards move them to one card that you payoff before the statement cut off date or even safer to a debit/Visa card. Doing this bumped my MORTGAGE Fico scores 40 points. Then NO inquiries at all but for a minimum of at least 120 days prior to mortgage pull (that’s all that shows on a mortgage trimerge report but I am not sure how it affects scoring). You can also write GW letters to creditors with charge off. I have had success removing some derogatories that way. Make sure you are pulling all three bureaus real FICO scores. I use the myFICO three bureau monthly. It is $30 but in addition to my FICO 8, I see my mortgage FICOS, as well as auto, and FICO 9.

Good luck!!
Message 11 of 22
JVille
Valued Contributor

With those scores and your credit issues I would be concerned also. I’m hoping this is a highly recommended lender and loan officer. How did you find the lender, tell me it’s not an online internet preaporoval!
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage scores are climbing slightly I was able to get the collection and 1 charge off removed so far.

No it’s not an online lender, it’s a reputable local lender. FHA goes down to a 580 and my DTI is low.

New mortgage scores from MyFico are
EQ 637
TU 666
EX 620

Should update at the beginning of November with a few balances paid off. Fewer accounts with balances now and moved balances below a few thresholds.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Have been working with an awesome loan officer, and we are coming up on closing. Having a good loan officer makes the process more easy going mentally I believe.

My mortgage scores are now
EX 649
EQ 648
TU 671

Closing at the end of the month.
Message 14 of 22
CAS2019
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Update:

Have been working with an awesome loan officer, and we are coming up on closing. Having a good loan officer makes the process more easy going mentally I believe.

My mortgage scores are now
EX 649
EQ 648
TU 671

Closing at the end of the month.

Congratulations!!!

i agree, having a good LO makes a huge difference, mentally—at least in my experience.

Starting Score: 784
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Club Member" border="0" width="50" height="67" align="right">

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update: Cleared to Close, Pre- Qualified for a mortgage, but uneasy with the process.

Cleared to close today, closing on Monday !!
Way easier process then I thought it would be.
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Update: Cleared to Close, Pre- Qualified for a mortgage, but uneasy with the process.

WOOOOHOOOO! Congrats B1G! Enjoy your new castle!

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Sempermom !!
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Cleared to close today, closing on Monday !!
Way easier process then I thought it would be.

Whoo-hoo! C-T-C, music to our ears - congratulations!!

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn’t that the truth !! Thank you
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.