cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved for FHA through Wells Fargo then denied with 1 week left to obtain funding. HELP!

tag
WD
Valued Member

Re: UPDATE Re: Pre-approved for FHA through Wells Fargo then denied with 1 week left

Good luck!
Message 21 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UPDATE Re: Pre-approved for FHA through Wells Fargo then denied with 1 week left

Thanks!  Did you get my last message to you last night (backchannel), WD?
Message 22 of 62
homerunstacy
Regular Contributor

Was following from your other thread.  Did it work out?

*Bought 1st Home on 7/11/07 thanks to myFICO Forums*

4/2013 - FICO: 685
Payment History: Great
Amt of Debt: Not Good
Length: Good
Amt of New Credit: Good

Goal for 2013: Pay down debt! Cross fingers housing market turns around so I can move further south!

Message 23 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really know yet.  As far as I know, the appraisal was done today at 1 p.m., but no clue what the outcome is, and I don't have anything in writing from the mortgage broker.  I will say that I officially withdrew my application from the other bank I was working with.  It felt WAY too much like Wells Fargo in that the UW was asking questions (via the LO) that gave the impression the UW was either 1) not looking at MY application, but rather someone else's, or 2) was just not reading my application and was asking stupid questions to stall.  And the LO was not responding to MY questions.  So, all my eggs are in the mortgage broker's basket right now, and tomorrow is D-Day!  Trying to be optimistic! Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 62
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Message 25 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oy vey what an ordeal.   I've always had this fear in the back of my mind since I'm looking at houses, too and also @ FHA lenders.   My credit goal for this year is to find more ways to change up my reports so mortgage lenders have a harder time saying no or making up phony reasons to deny.    Smiley Happy

I'm definately staying far away from Wells Fargo if they can't figure out how to deal with self-employed people.
Message 26 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jager:  So far, so good.  I obtained loan commitment on Friday conditioned upon the appraisal, survey, and receipt of the IRS trascripts for my 2009 tax returns.  And the appraisal came in Friday, as well, for the sales price, so that's good!  Home inspection is tomorrow.  Providing there are no new surprises, closing is set for March 11.  Kind of a hurry up and wait game, but if I get what I'm waiting for in the end, it will be worth it!  I'll keep the board posted!

Philly:  Don't blame ya'!  If you come up with anything new regarding how to avoid bogus denials, let us know! Smiley Happy

Message Edited by kito0806 on 02-14-2010 08:54 PM
Message 27 of 62
soliloquy
Regular Contributor

it was a nRe: UPDATE Re: Pre-approved for FHA through Wells Fargo then denied with 1 week left

I read this like it was a novel and I'm waiting to find out how the story ends! Smiley Surprised

Message 28 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: it was a nRe: UPDATE Re: Pre-approved for FHA through Wells Fargo then denied with 1 week left

Hi, Soliloquy:

Sorry to leave you hanging!  The rest of the story picks up under another thread with a suject line that reads something like "Help! Anyone know how to get the IRS to play ball?" 

Message 29 of 62
CruisinCindy
Established Member

Re: it was a nRe: UPDATE Re: Pre-approved for FHA through Wells Fargo then denied with 1 week left

@soliloquy wrote:

I read this like it was a novel and I'm waiting to find out how the story ends! Smiley Surprised

Ditto.... what a page scroller!! Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: TransUn 681 Equifax 704 Mar'10
Current Score: TransUn 731 Equifax 704 Aug'11

TU 736 EQ 704 EQ 686 May12 pulled by LO Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.