Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prices going up fast

tag
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Re: Prices going up fast

not in houston, pick of the litter.   Prices still low. but they going up slowly.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 25
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

My builder is in the Houston. I see they have one of models they build in my hood over in the woodlands and its over 50k more there.

Message 12 of 25
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

My Wife and I are moving to Roanoke,TX (5 minutes past Southlake) and after we signed our purchase contract on December 8th, we've seen new home prices rise $12k. It's pretty crazy how much the prices are going up. Im glad we're locked in on a good price. To Blake's point though, there really isn't a lot of homes on the market out here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 13 of 25
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Supply is low for NEW homes.

Supply is PLENTIFUL for foreclosures, but banks are trying everything to keep them from flooding the market.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 14 of 25
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1, if you have the time and patience, there are so many beautiful foreclosures and especially short sales in my area to choose from. But I don't have the time to wait. There also weren't any existing homes for sale that we liked. There was a ranch home we liked that had a gigantic great room downstairs in the finished walkout basement but storage space was limited and we need a storage area. We ended up going with a new construction that we got because several other couples were extremely interested in the property but didn't put an offer in yet. After our offer was in, those interested parties began to call back to put an offer in but we nabbed it so it was too late. The builder told us, if we waited a little longer, it would have been too late. We put our offer in on January 2nd, right after the holidays when people begin or resume their search, so we were the first in line. There were 6 quick move in homes available at the beginning of Jan...now there is only one!
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 15 of 25
OilFieldEngineer
Contributor

In The Woodlands north of Houston prices are climbing with Exxon Mobil moving their headquarters there and a huge office opening 2014. I contracted on Jan 7th and there were 4 lots left in the section I was looking at and 1 other inventory home all are sold now. Got a great deal on the inventory home I selected since they wanted to sell out the section and move to the next. Just have to get through the final approval at UW.

Current Scores 738 EQ (FICO 02/15) 745 EX (Lender Pull FICO) 768 TU (FICO 02/15)

4% Utilization on 180k Total Available Creditlines

AMEX Platinum - NPSL, AMEX HH - 2.5k, BofA Travel Rewards - 25K, BofA 123 Cash Rewards - 15K, BofA Amex - 15K, Barclay Black Card - 10K, Chase United Club - 9.6K, Chase Sapphire Preferred - 14k, Discover More - 7.5K, Citi Presitge - 20K, Nationwide Bank - 7.5K, Dillard's - 5K, JCP MasterCard - 12K, Capital One Venture - 3K, Capital One Quicksilver - 10k, Wells Fargo - 6K, Lowe's - 10K,
Message 16 of 25
Mama-j
Contributor

I hope it's not increasing too much in my area. I can't apply till March because my lease does not end till July. Crossing my fingers I can still get a decent house come March.

Starting Score: 2/22/12: EQ 530, TU 553, EX 528(lender). 12/4/12 (rebuilding starts)= EQ 599.
Current Score: 1/4/16: EQ 743, TU FICO 724, EX 737.
Goal Score: 750 all across.

Message 17 of 25
jadeite788
Established Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

Supply is low for NEW homes.

Supply is PLENTIFUL for foreclosures, but banks are trying everything to keep them from flooding the market.

I've noticed on foreclosures and HUD homes.  It's ridiculous out here in Houston.  Saw a bangin 3100 sq ft house for $59.9K 4 bed/3 bath.  beautiful master bathroom and beautiful kitchen.  As soon as it was put up it was bought the next day.  Been watching like crazy each day.    Me I don't want no cookie cutter.  You be surprised what you find.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Message 18 of 25
cclee
Regular Contributor

I live in Peoria, Az.  I've been watching the area where I live for years (am I the only one with this weird habit?), prices have gone up quite a bit and new builders are going up faster than i've seen in a long time, it is a desirable area though.  There were not as many foreclosures or short sales as there were before, a lot more owner resales this past year.  

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 19 of 25
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Still foreclosures but banks dont want to flood the market.

I agree many builders are taking advantage and building. Many folks prefer brand new compared to buying some one else's home especially since the prices are comparable.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.