Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proceed or walk away.. home loan

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Proceed or walk away.. home loan

Collections are not taken out of consideration in your credit score when they are in a dispute status.

Also if you have disputes on old paid off accounts, the negative old item may actually help you when it is out of dispute. I have seen it happen to me first hand.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to follow up --

I heard back from my Loan Officer and my Transunion actually went up after the rescore, so based on this we will proceed with the other 2 CRA's and hope to get similar results. We should know by Monday if we will become homeowners based on the dispute removals and where our credit score stands at that point.

Message 12 of 13
jadeite788
Established Contributor

@getmycreditright wrote:

@tooleman694 wrote:
FYI disputed collections do not have an impact on your score. So the rescore on those will do nothing good or bad for the score.

My wife has a two disputes on her report and right now, her median is 653. Are you saying that when her disputes are removed, her credit score will not be impacted?

Only time a credit score is impacted  during a dispute is if there is a change/update to the report.  Disputes DO NOT impact scores.  I have done two.  It can take anywhere from 30-45 days for a dispute to be settled and fall off.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.