Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Started-Moving Out of State

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Process Started-Moving Out of State

My wife accepted a new position out of state and started on June 1st. With this promotion, I am able to stay at home with our two little girls and just work PT at the company I have been with for over 18 years. The drive only appeared to be about 75 minutes each way, according to mapquest. It has taken atleast 90 minutes and even up to, and past, 2 hours on some of the days, especially Friday. We were going to move next year but with that drive, the time is now!

Called a Realtor to get our current house up on the market. Should be able to make a $55k-60k profit once it sells. The last couple sales in our complex have sold in less than 6 days, so I am hoping for the same. She came yesterday to look at it, and is coming back Monday to take pictures and measurements. Hoping to be up on the MLS by Thursday or Friday.

Got the pre-approval from Navy Federal for our loan today. She will be the only one listed on the loan, but I will be on the deed. We are looking at houses around $325k-$350k. This is our comfort zone with the payments but could have gone up to the low $400's. The Rhode Island Realtor already went with my wife to look at some properties and I will be going down Friday to look at 8 more with her. Hoping to see something we like and put an offer in.

I am nervous about the whole selling/buying/relocation piece as it involves some distance, two different Realtors, and living logistics of when we close on our current home and then move into our new one.

Already sent in some requested paperwork like bank statements from non-Navy accounts and prior year W-2s. Going to get the 401k statements and paystubs printed and uploaded this weekend along with with some other signature based items like 4506-T and SS verification.

I plan on updating this thread through the entire process until we close on our new home!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Process Started-Moving Out of State

Good luck! Or as they say 'break a leg'! Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.