cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prosper won't update CR for loan paid in full! Please help as I need update for Mortgage Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prosper won't update CR for loan paid in full! Please help as I need update for Mortgage Approval!!!

I am applying for a Mortgage and the bank says that my Prosper Loan needs to show paid before appyling for the mortgage. I think this is because my payment makes my DTI too high. I contaced Prosper and asked them for a letter to show the loan is paid-off as I am applying for a mortgage. I was then going to fax the letter to the credit bureaus for an update. I did this with my upstart loan and was updated with 2 days. Prosper is telling me that they can't do anything because they have to update payment info with Web Bank after 10 days of the payment. The payment was made 6 days ago and cleared the bank the next day. I told them they can call the bank to verify that it has cleared, but they said they won't do this. I did this with Upstart and had no problems. 

What expidited options do I have to update all 3 CR? I asked the mortagge broker if they do Rapid Rescoring and she said no. It seems like they update on the 29th of each month, but it seems like the update shows the previous months payment. Under Experian's Credit Report, it shows the "Balance Updated" as of June 29th for the credit report that was pulled today. It seems like the recent payment may not be reported to Web Bank until 10 days after which would be too late for the this months update. The acutal update on my credit report shows up around the 5th of the month. This is getting complicated and confusing.........

When I login to my prosper loan summary page, it shows that my loan is paid-off with a zero balance. Can I fax this info to the 3 credit bureaus?

Any help is resally appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Prosper won't update CR for loan paid in full! Please help as I need update for Mortgage Approva

loan officer should be able to order a credit supplement.... the company your loan officer uses to pull credit can do a conf call with you and prosper to get the balance verified.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prosper won't update CR for loan paid in full! Please help as I need update for Mortgage Approva

Butr that won't update the Fico score? Do you do mortgages in Illinois? Thanks.

Message 3 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Your original post stated that your issue was high DTI due to payoff on a loan not being verified. Whay the statement about the FICO score? The credit supplement is the best solution to address the DTI issue.

Message 4 of 5
elim
Senior Contributor

@ezdriver wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your original post stated that your issue was high DTI due to payoff on a loan not being verified. Whay the statement about the FICO score? The credit supplement is the best solution to address the DTI issue.

IME My FICO drops after a pay-off anyway,

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.