Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Contract

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Purchase Contract

Hi, Everyone

What is the typical time it takes for a bank owned seller to send the signed purchase contract back to the buyer?  I'm waiting for the signed purchase contract to send to my LO so I can lock in my rate.   The listing agent sent the documents to the seller on Monday.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LynGene
New Contributor

Re: Purchase Contract

************ I totally misread.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@DI wrote:

Hi, Everyone

What is the typical time it takes for a bank owned seller to send the signed purchase contract back to the buyer?  I'm waiting for the signed purchase contract to send to my LO so I can lock in my rate.   The listing agent sent the documents to the seller on Monday.  Thanks!

It takes a long time - the asset managers for the banks have a very slow process IME.  7 days is the minimum, 10 days is more typical and I have seen it take up to two weeks for the signed documents to come through.

Make sure your lender starts processing your loan anyway or you lose valuable time.

Message 3 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

We submitted the offer on a Thursday morning and got notification  it was accepted Thursday evening.  The seller sent the addendum to be signed on a Friday and we sent the signed addendum back on a Saturday.  The listing agent acknowledge receipt of the addendum this past Monday monring.   I'm trying to be patient, but I want to get the contract to my LO today since a holiday is near.  

Message 4 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

The lender has done everything that can be done without the signed contract.   We can't go any further without it.  My lender and seller is  Chase.  

Message 5 of 10
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Wehn a financial institution is the owner/seller, "normal" process does not apply. If you get a one-week turnaround, I'd say that's pretty good. Be very patient with an REO purchase.

Message 6 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@DI wrote:

The lender has done everything that can be done without the signed contract.   We can't go any further without it.  My lender and seller is  Chase.  

If you are working with one of the good mortgage LOs at Chase (and not a noob) they know it takes 7-10 days to get the signed contract back - usually.

Also the asset manager won't send through the signed contract without your funds being wired to their title/closing co first. I hope you have done that already as that is the item that will expedite the signing.

Message 7 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

The seller isn't releasing the title information until they send the signed contract back.   

Message 8 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Wow...of all the f/c's I have sold (and there have been many) the title and escrow info is provided at the time of acceptance and they won't sign the offer until you have wired in the funds. Get with your Realtor now to get clarification.  You are looking for the title co info and wiring instructions for the deposit. It is highly unusual that they will sign your offer without the funds being on deposit (for a bank owned property).

Message 9 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

I  just sent a message to my Realtor to get answers.  

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.