Valued Contributor

Purchasing first home!

Price 92.5K

Downpayment 3.5%

Interest rate 3.25%

APR 4.49%

Lender: Bank of America

Middle Score:705

Super stoked never thought I would be 22 purchasing my first home! Will REFI in 6 months to a year. Not that fond of BOA. Will likely REFI with Chase or NFCU. Chase is coming to VA I heard. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: Purchasing first home!

A bank is a bank and a mortgage is a mortgage.  

Congrats on your purchase, but I'd research the financial benefits and opportunity cost of:

1. Investing (for a greater than 4.45% return on investment) whatever costs you would spend to refinance this loan down the road

2. Taking those costs to refinance later and paying extra principle on your current loan in order to accelerate your payoff

Unless there is a net tangible benefit of 5% or more when you go to refinance, you'll not likely be eligible, but again, a mortgage loan is a mortgage loan and I wouldn't be afraid of any Bank in america with an APR under 5% and a low down payment like they are offering you as long as you are comfortable working with whomever is guiding you through the process.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.