Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: Programs with 3.5% down and no PMI

tag
Iincognito
Regular Contributor

Question: Programs with 3.5% down and no PMI

Hi Everyone,

I went to an open house in my neighborhood and learned that there are programs available to first time home buyers that allow for a low down payment w/out the need to buy PMI. Is that true? The only program I know of that allows for a low down payment is an FHA loan, but that requires PMI.

I live in Newbury Park (Ventura County), California.

EDITED: We're looking at buying a home between $475K-$550K with about 3.5% down; Annual salary is around $125K.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Blackhawks_girl30
Contributor

Re: Question: Programs with 3.5% down and no PMI

Yes there are programs with low down payments and no PMI, but there are generally restrictions.  A few banks by me have this type of loan.  Generally you can't make over a certain amount for income, interest rate is higher and the credit part can be a little bit tougher.....at least in the loans I had looked into.  Just shop around to a few places and ask if they do Conventional loans with lower down payments.  Good luck =)

Message 2 of 3
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

Re: Question: Programs with 3.5% down and no PMI

My area has a program but it's only if you meet the income requirement / restriction. You can't make over a certain amount, for our area I think it was a max income for $45k a year for a family of 3. A realtor had told me about it, but we made too much to qualify. If you can find a program that allows no pmi go for it if the other terms are good.

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.