Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Veterans United for refi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Veterans United for refi

Anybody use "Veterans United", for a refinance?  They say they have loaned more than anybody for a VA loan.  Is that true, and if so, does it mean anything?  Turns out it is about $5,000 under my wants. But a fixed rate at close than most would offer.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Question about Veterans United for refi

They have great review.
https://www.veteransunited.com/reviews/

What do you mean by $5K under my wants?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 5
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

$5,000 under you wanting more?  is this a cash out re-fi or is it a rate/term (IRRRL) refinance?  Rates are crazy low right now on VA IRRRL's- 3.0% with very small lender credit (720+).

Message 3 of 5
homeloanexpert
Established Contributor

Veteran's United funds a lot of loans that's for sure. Which is awesome! On the other I am very appreciative for the mere fact of their inability to close loans for my fellow Vets under 620 credit score.  Thank you VU, I'll be more than happy to assist those fine folks.

Branch Manager - Specializing in FHA, VA, USDA, Conventional, Jumbo, Portfolio and Non-QM Loan Products.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to thank everybody for your replies, I had another forum that emails me replies/answers but didn't sign up for that on this topic. I apologize. Never knew anybody replied.

I meant they offered $5000 under the amount needed on a refi with cash out. They offered $81,700 but to pay off my first & second mortgage, a personal loan and closing cost it would only leave about $5,000. I need about $10,000 to do repairs.

After I all but max out my credit cards, for repairs prior to the appraisal that will be about $10K and want enough to pay them off also.

That was just the pre-qual loan documents for that amount. I am wondering if Veterans United is good about adjusting the final amount? Is it really true they will go to 100% LTV? What I need is about $88K but really want about $92.7K.

The last would allow about $15K for repairs and some to save for backup and still be way less than I pay for the 2 mortgages & loan not to mention my CC bills. Plus, still be under 80% LTV. I live on a limited income, SS Disability and only have okay credit scores ~660 FICO & 710 Vantage.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.