Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the BB&T CHIP Program

tag
thrillege
Valued Member

Question about the BB&T CHIP Program

I've started the process to get an FHA loan. But now I've found out about the BB&T CHIP program with low down payment and no PMI. Almost to good to be true?  I'm planning on switching. But my question is,  with this program out there. If you have the 680 score, why exactly would anyone choose to go the FHA route? I'm looking at the two loans, and I can't figure out why the majority of people don't go this route. Even the interest rate  isn't too bad. Most people that do the CHIP are coming in at 4.1 or 4.2?

The DTI is even more lient. According to the guidlines I got from them today. It can be as much as 40%

Just reading throughout the board. People who have scores in the 700s are doing FHA? Am I missing something here? Have there been problems closing with the CHIP program?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
indecison
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about the BB&T CHIP Program

Dont know anything about the CHIP program but ist not always about the score. Its about down payment and what is actually in your credit report that makes folks go FHA. Such as late pays or bankrupcies in the past.

Message 2 of 4
thrillege
Valued Member

Thats the thing. The CHIP is 100% financing. And you can put as little as 500 down

Message 3 of 4
indecison
Regular Contributor

Just read up on it and one thing I see for some folks is it looks like they have a max income stipulation. This would be a reason why you would have to go FHA for some.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.