Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the New FHA Guidelines

tag
golo
Frequent Contributor

Question about the New FHA Guidelines

So,are they definately going to implement the new guidelines for collections and all that on July 1st? Is that written in stone,or would they realize that tighen up will choke the housing recovery? Thanks in advance. : )

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question about the New FHA Guidelines

@golo wrote:

So,are they definately going to implement the new guidelines for collections and all that on July 1st? Is that written in stone,or would they realize that tighen up will choke the housing recovery? Thanks in advance. : )

Well it was written in stone for April 1 2012 and then it was pushed back to July 1.

There has been quite a bit of discussion about the new collections guidelines and its impact on the housing market. Will there be changes, IDK. Your guess is as good as mine. Right now it is scheduled to remain in place for July 1st and if I were you, I would plan accordingly.

Message 2 of 8
wally101
Valued Member

Some banks have already adopted that guideline.... This is from my LO at WF

Parameter

Credit Policy  prior to April 30

Credit Policy on or after April 30

Disputed credit accounts

Disputed  credit or collection accounts with an outstanding balance equal to or greater  than $1,000 for any single account or the cumulative total if multiple  accounts, must be resolved - either by a payment arrangement with       a minimum of three months of verifiable payments - paid as agreed, or the balance must be paid in       full at the time closing, or the balance must be paid       prior to closing

Paying  down the cumulative balances below $1,000 is not an acceptable resolution

Disputed Credit  accounts

FHA  is reverting to TOTAL Mortgage Scorecard  guidance and not” old guidance” published in ML 2012-3 until  further notice.

Loans  with disputed trade lines require a 3F decisioner. Since TOTAL Scorecard does  not evaluate disputed credit, the DE must review the disputed tradelines.

If  credit risk class is Approve / Accept: Loans with disputed credit       must be downgraded to a Refer and an individual CHUMS ID is required. Exception: The loan does not need to       be downgraded and the AUS CHUMS ID (ZFHA) may be used if any of the       following circumstances apply: The disputed account has a       zero balance. or The disputed account is       marked as “paid in full” or “resolved.” or The disputed account is       both less than $500 and more       than 24 months old.

If  there are multiple disputed tradelines, each must meet the above requirement  or the loan must be downgraded to a Refer.

If  credit risk class is Refer: The DE must determine the       loan meets creditworthiness standards and use his/her individual CHUMS       ID. The decisioner analysis       must be documented on the loan transmittal.

Collection accounts

Collection  account guidance does not require payment or payoff resolution. Collection  accounts do require a customer explanation

Collections

If  credit risk class is Approve / Accept:

Reviewing  for collections, on the credit report is not required. If collections, are       revealed, but not on the credit report, the loan must be manually       downgraded Refer Response or Manually       Underwritten When collections, the       borrower must provide a written explanation for all collections. FHA does not require that       collection accounts be paid off as a condition of mortgage approval.

Court-ordered judgment exception

FHA  continues to require court- ordered judgments to be paid off before a  mortgage is eligible for an FHA insurance endorsement

An exception has been added: If a customer has an  agreement with the creditor and is making regular and timely payments, and  can provide documentation reflecting a minimum of three months of payments  and the monthly payment is included in the customer’s debt-to-income  ratios, FHA will treat the judgment as an exception

EQ FICO score from here... EQ 716
USAA monitoring Experian Plus scores : EX 773 EQ 773 TU 785
Message 3 of 8
golo
Frequent Contributor

Thanks a lot for that info,WF is the lender I'm going to try.Im just waiting to pull before I go to them so I make sure I'm above the min score.I have some collections that show on TU,but not EQ and viceversa.I will try to apply jointly with my wife,she's in the high 700's I'm in the low 600's. : (
My collections are from 06 the last one was place 2010,i hope I have a shot with WF,I will keep post it in case anybody is interested : )
Message 4 of 8
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Didn't we just read a big post about how this was a bad idea as it is reducing the number of loans the banks can give, and affecting the market, and they are going to push it back even farther than July??

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 8
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

We're going USDA, but from everything I've read they share similiar guidelines. We have a 6.5 year old 1200 charge off and got a "acceptable" GUS finding on Monday...but that's the only baddie now, so myabe that's why...

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 6 of 8
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

Didn't we just read a big post about how this was a bad idea as it is reducing the number of loans the banks can give, and affecting the market, and they are going to push it back even farther than July??

Reducing the number of loans is exactly what they want to do.  I think they are getting scared on the amount of loans FHA is backing since the popularity has sky-rocketed the last several years. 

Message 7 of 8
co791
Established Member

Still a lot of people asking this question, maybe we should keep this thread active?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.