Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on UTL before Mortgage??

tag
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

Question on UTL before Mortgage??

Hi Guys,

I am pretty sure that the credit report they will pull will have 1% UTL.  But, just recently I had to use my cc for an unexpected company trip, I have a UTL of 26% now, but am paying it in full today.  The credit union will report in the end of the month.  Do you think they will report the balance even though it is paid in full before they report?  I don't want it to look like I am increasing my credit usage.

Thanks!

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: Question on UTL before Mortgage??

I often make large CC purchases and pay them online a few days later -- in my personal experience they report the balance that is owed on the day the statement cuts.. not the balance that was charged during the month.

Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

+1. Almost all creditors report the balance as it shows on the statement date.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
liandur
Valued Member

@cocomadd wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am pretty sure that the credit report they will pull will have 1% UTL.  But, just recently I had to use my cc for an unexpected company trip, I have a UTL of 26% now, but am paying it in full today.  The credit union will report in the end of the month.  Do you think they will report the balance even though it is paid in full before they report?  I don't want it to look like I am increasing my credit usage.

Thanks!

Not sure who the credit card is throught that you used but if it is a Discover Card by chance a phone call to a regular CS rep and a request for mid cycle credit bureau updating will have it reporting the next day. They are the only company I konw of that does that though.

Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

they will report the balance owed on the day they report......   run it up to 100% and pay it off doesnt matter

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.