cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re Today's Score

tag
BenW405

Question re Today's Score

It had been a while since I'd checked my score.  My experian score is up to 733 after being in the 670-680 range in the last couple of years.  How favoable would this score looked upon by mortgage underwriters, paired with $100K+ salary?   I'm confused about which report/score (Exp, TU, or Equif) that home loan companies use?  Do they use a three in one blend?  Certainly at 733 there would be competitive products available to me?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question re Today's Score

Welcome to the forums!

It's difficult to get a handle on where you are mortgage wise without actually submitting a mortgage app, unfortunately.

The Experian FICO's available here or on Experian's site aren't used for the near entirety of mortgages originated in the United States currently and as such can't really draw any conclusions from it.  If you really want the best bet, pay the yuppie foodstamp at Equifax directly for their Score Power product, as that is a Beacon 5.0 score which is explicitly the Equifax score used in the abovementioned near entirety of mortgages.  Can't get Transunion's score anywhere either currently.  

Mortgages typically pull all three bureaus, and get a different score from each based on the information in each of the bureaus database.  Toss out the high and low scores, and that's your mortgage underwriting score, commonly referred to as the mid-score.

I'll say this though, pretty attractive rates for me even sitting barely north of a 680 on my Equifax score; I may be slightly higher interest rates than the 700 or 740 tiers but it's nowhere close to a dealbreaker.  Looking at 3.625 - 4.000% as of published rates yesterday with minimum points (as close to zero as possible for my needs) from a couple of lenders I do business with.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question re Today's Score

You have good numbers, and should get the best available from most any lender.  Shop around.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.