Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about disputes!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about disputes!

I’ve asked a few people and have got very little to no response on how to handle it,

So I have several disputes on my accounts, around 7 on each, currently 3 of the disputes ( on each report ) are going to be removed due to the collection being removed ( PFD ) 2 others are collections account with midland, and the other 2 are disputes on charge off accounts from 2015, my question is in order to be approved for a loan do I need to have the disputes completely removed from my CR or does the comment “ dispute resolved, Consumer disagrees “ work? I’ve read a lot of post where they say that will work but does it automatically make it go to a manual UW or will it pass the AUS with those remarks?

I’m not sure of what kind of credit drop I would have with all remarks being removed but I really don’t wanna ruin my chance of getting approved either, eventually the 2 midland accounts will be deleted also, I’m currently paying off 1 ( will be payed by the 24th ) but I highly doubt it will fall off before the first!

I’m going for an FHA loan.
2 REPLIES 2
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: Questions about disputes!

I believe you are ok when it says "dispute resolved, consumer disagrees", but I can't speak for any other lender's overlay policy but open disputes need to be removed or resolved.   

Don't forget though that in theory you don't really want to be bringing the "date of last activity" current on any derogatory account and more importantly it is the current activity (specifically your on time payments and great management/utilization of credit) in your OPEN and ACTIVE accounts that have a greater impact in boosting and maintaining a higher qualifying credit score.   Often times as an LO I see too many people worried about their past hiccups vs. focusing on current activity for the future.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about disputes!

The only reason I started working on the older accounts was because I knew If I could the total collections amount under 2k it wouldn’t count against me, so paying off the midland collection ( 1 of them ) would put me under 2k so it wouldn’t count against me trying to get an fha loan, I’ve also focused on my revolving accounts being paid down, next thing I’m trying to work on is my dti but that’s a whole other story lol
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.