Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the final $ amount for clsoing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about the final $ amount for clsoing

Received GFE and it says that I need $5600 (and change) to close.  I have already put $1000 in the escrow account for earnest money.  Included in the GFE was $500 escrow padding that I will get back after close, and $350 for inspection.  I called LO and told her I paid for the inspection already and she said that will bring my money to close down by $350.  I have already paid for the appraisal (450) as well. 

So my question is; Is the appraisal and inspection fees part of the 3.5% down required by FHA?  If not I don't understand how my money to close can add up to less than 3.5%....Not complaining Smiley Happy if that's the case, just wondering.

Bunny

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: Questions about the final $ amount for clsoing

The GFE is just what it says...Good Faith ESTIMATE.

The amount on there is an estimate of what your closing costs will be. Once you get to closing, they will tell you exactly how much to bring to the closing.

So my question is; Is the appraisal and inspection fees part of the 3.5% down required by FHA?  If not I don't understand how my money to close can add up to less than 3.5%..

No, but you need to have 3.5% saved and a bit of a cushion for the "what ifs". We also paid for the inspection & appraisal fees upfront. (out of our savings)

Hope that helps.

Message Edited by WannaHouse on 07-20-2009 01:12 PM

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 2 of 3
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Re: Questions about the final $ amount for clsoing

ALL other fees are SEPARATE from the 3.5% required DOWNPAYMENT

Appraisal, Inspection, Orig. fee, PMI Funding fee ALL separate and are ADDITIONAL to the 3.5% min. required!!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.