Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for new construction

tag
guardmama04
New Contributor

Questions for new construction

So we are in the process of building a home, got our preapproval and are now going through the underwriter. They needed some additional stuff so I sent it BUT my question is our house is not going to be ready until maybe June and we will have to pull credit, bank statements all over again so why do I have to explain all the little things on my "statements and Credit Report" now if we have to do it all over again??? Is this going to give us a hard approval while our house is being built?

In My Wallet: Barlclay NFL $4500 | Capital One Secured $300 | First Progress Secured $300| Walmart $600| New York & Company $500| Kohls $300| Discover IT $3000| Sears Citi|$4000|Walmart $800
First car lease $370 month August 2013
Signed First Mortgage August 2013
Starting Score: 581 EQ
Current Score: 658 EQ
Goal Score: 750
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Re: Questions for new construction

They need to make sure you qualify for the loan before a builder will start construction for obvious reasons.  They don't want to build a house that's just going to sit there because you weren't able to qualify upon its completion. So they need to verify everything now, and then make sure you have the funds to close and that you haven't gone out and added a ton of new debt when the home is ready.

Message 2 of 3
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Questions for new construction

That is correct, you have to go thru the whole underwriting process 2 times.

So get ready to explain more stuff and everything all over again when it gets to closing time.

I had an NSF fee I had some explaining to do during my second underwriting.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.