Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question about mortgage process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick question about mortgage process

Not sure if theres a clear cut answer to this but its worth a shot. My wife and I are set to close on 12/23. We went into underwriting last Wednesday (11/27) So we figured they would not start looking into everything until atleast Monday of this week because of the Holiday. Yesterday (11/15) My wife got a call from our mortgage lender looking for a phone number to her job to verify employment and she gave them it. My question would be is the employment verification usually the first thing the underwriter does before they look into the finances? Or would it be the last thing they do before sending us or status. Or does it differ from one underwriter to another. Im asking because if its the first thing that probably means we wont hear anything back until after the weekend and its so nerve wracking and stressful I dont know if I can take another weekend of this lol. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
pgtackle2003
Frequent Contributor

Re: Quick question about mortgage process

The reality is as you said is it's different for every underwriter and mortgage lender. It could be the first thing they do or the last. Also they might check multiple times. During the final two weeks before I closed, they checked my employment 3 times. They were still doing other things also. I know it's stressful to wait but the best thing you can do is ask for regular updates and just let them do their processing.

Good Luck on your new home!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.