cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFIN HELP

tag
Rover98

REFIN HELP

I was just turned down by Quicken.  Her are my states. 

Home Value: app 490,000

Mortgage: 423,00 with some back fees 438,000

Monthly Income: 13,0000

Monthly Debt $ 1150.. Student loans car payment

Mortgage Payment 3660 (8.5%)

spouse  3 score average 657

mine 680

gave the LO this information no cash refin  said upfront he can do a 90 percent  and they do so many thousands of loans.. After being very hesitant about giving our personal  information.DENIED>>>> HELP we are being eaten alive by.. Please advise...

transunion 582 equifax 655 experian 617 May 08
transunion 651 equifax 644 March 09
Transunion 704 equifax 655 experian 677 July 10
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: REFIN HELP

What was the reason they denied?  

Were you applying for a conventional loan or FHA loan?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 8
Rover98

It was something about the county being a jumbo mortgage 438,000 less then 20% lto value  which I told him to begin with and he said they do up to 90%,   and my husbands score of 658.  Any ideas of what to do?   I am furious because I didn't want my credit pulled .  I was  assured to  me it was ok that he could not do anything with out pulling credit twith the information provided . Obviously this guy answering the phone didn't know how to qualify or not qualify based on experience he needed to use a program that would fill in all of the blanks for he via credit score etc. 

Message 3 of 8
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

pulling credit is part of the process however knowing the limits of loan to value for a program is something that should be known and doesnt require credit

you never know  what you will get when you work with a company like that or with a bank where a LO is assigned

anyways I am assuming this was for a conventional loan

do you happen to know the loan limits for fha in your area (if not what county are you in) it may be your easiest bet for getting this done and at a rate that will definitely lower that payment

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 4 of 8
Rover98

he gave me a 346,00 and 417,000.  I belive the 417 is the FHA?

Message 5 of 8
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

The 346k is probably the FHA 417k is the limit for conventional loans

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 6 of 8
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Conforming is always $417k or higher, so most likely $346k is the FHA limit.  Over $417k for your area is considered non-conforming.  Anything over the conforming limit for your area requires at least 20% equity and excellent credit.  When you have a non-conforming loan amount the options get pretty slim.  If you had more equity you could pay your mortgage down to the conforming limit and hopefully it'd be at 80% loan-to-value or less and you'd avoid PMI, but you'd have to pay it down to $392k based on the value you listed.   Even though the scores aren't top notch (leads to a higher rate or more fees with conforming financing), if your interest rate is high enough there could still be some savings and you could even do a no cost refinance.

Not a whole lot else to say other than a lot of loan officers are trained to be overly optimistic about a customers chances for approval, it leads to more applications and more applications lead to more loan closings... it's a numbers game.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 7 of 8
Rover98

Thanks for your help...I have yet again learned a hard lesson ...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.