cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid Rescore Question

tag
olink

Rapid Rescore Question

I am 2 points short of the 660 middle score our lender requires. We are in the process of doing a rapid Rescore with Transunion to get the score up. I paid down a $2500 credit card from $2200 to $1400 because the simulator said that would increase my score ~20 points.

Friday I got a myFico update saying my score dropped 14 points because Transunion is showing a $0 balance on that card, rather than the $1400 it should be.
I talked to our mortgage professor who just wants to wait until she gets the report back from credit plus.

I am nervous that a mistake was made and we are going to have to do another Rescore. Credit Karma showed the same this morning, the card reporting at $0 but my score on there did go up. I know those scores don't matter though. Anyone familiar with the rapid Rescore process and knows if this is normal?
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rapid Rescore Question

@olink wrote:
I am 2 points short of the 660 middle score our lender requires. We are in the process of doing a rapid Rescore with Transunion to get the score up. I paid down a $2500 credit card from $2200 to $1400 because the simulator said that would increase my score ~20 points.

Friday I got a myFico update saying my score dropped 14 points because Transunion is showing a $0 balance on that card, rather than the $1400 it should be.
I talked to our mortgage professor who just wants to wait until she gets the report back from credit plus.

I am nervous that a mistake was made and we are going to have to do another Rescore. Credit Karma showed the same this morning, the card reporting at $0 but my score on there did go up. I know those scores don't matter though. Anyone familiar with the rapid Rescore process and knows if this is normal?

Rapid rescore should just report what the current balance is to the lenders; updating it with $0 is, well, strange if ithe balance wasn't $0.  

Simulators should be taken with a grain of salt and not sure if I agree with the analysis in score magnitude from where you're at, but your action shouldn't have hurt; TU unfortunately has been seriously wierd lately to the point I'm losing confidence with them as a bureau (not like my opinion matters) so I'll just simply ask what's on your report currently: was that your only credit card with a balance on it before the update?

If it wasn't, and I hate to really say this, but you may want to simply pay the $13 and pull a 1B Transunion report as unfortunately the monitoring solution has been seriously glitchy as of late.  May be a waste of $13 but at least you'll know which for me has value during the mortgage as that doesn't sound entirely correct unfortunately.  Or you can just wait as the lender will get the real deal and you've already paid for that as part of the rescore anyway.

If it was, I'd ask the lender what's up, not sure you can get it fixed till next balance cycle or another rapid rescore as disputing the balance is absolutely not what you want to do in this case; however it shouldn't have listed like it did and all $0 is a negative, possibly of that magnitude.

        
Message 2 of 5
oliverlink

It is the only card with a balance reporting so that made my overall credit card balance $0. I thought it was a mistake when I saw it but figured that Transunion would verify with the bank before changing to $0? At which the bank would tell them the balance is $1400. I haven't had a hard pull happen yet so maybe they are still working on it. So frustrating when you are doing "rapid" Rescore for the sake of being quick and now we may have to do it all over again. Doesn't help that Transunion seems to be the slowest to deal with. Anyways thank you for your help. I may take your suggestion and run the report. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@oliverlink wrote:
It is the only card with a balance reporting so that made my overall credit card balance $0. I thought it was a mistake when I saw it but figured that Transunion would verify with the bank before changing to $0? At which the bank would tell them the balance is $1400. I haven't had a hard pull happen yet so maybe they are still working on it. So frustrating when you are doing "rapid" Rescore for the sake of being quick and now we may have to do it all over again. Doesn't help that Transunion seems to be the slowest to deal with. Anyways thank you for your help. I may take your suggestion and run the report. Smiley Happy

No need to run the report, if you're all $0 it is a negative.  Get a small balance reported on there and then have your lender re-pull.

        
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check to see which card has the soonest statement closing date and put a small balance on that card. Good luck to you.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.