Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid Rescore and Capital One

tag
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

Rapid Rescore and Capital One

I am trying to get a mortgage and was told by the LO that I need 30 more points. I had a maxed out CAp 1 card that I just paid in full but wont report until another 45 days since the statement cut last week. Is it worthwhile to do a rapid rescore with Cap 1 or do they typically ignore this and report when they feel like it

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Rapid Rescore and Capital One

It is up to your loan officer if he/she wants to do a rescore for you. If yes, provide proof of payment to them and see what happens. That is a lot of points to make up from paying down one credit card. Let us know the outcome.

Message 2 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

I am trying to get a mortgage and was told by the LO that I need 30 more points. I had a maxed out CAp 1 card that I just paid in full but wont report until another 45 days since the statement cut last week. Is it worthwhile to do a rapid rescore with Cap 1 or do they typically ignore this and report when they feel like it

credit bureaus update the account status

.... not cap1

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 5
CreditGuy03
Established Contributor

I shot off an email to Cap One EO to see if they can do a quick manual update. Well see how it goes

Equifax - 628, Experian -627, Transunion- 654 In the garden until 01/01/2019
Message 4 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@CreditGuy03 wrote:

I shot off an email to Cap One EO to see if they can do a quick manual update. Well see how it goes

Did you ask your LO to do it for you? Any decent LO would have that done in 24 hours.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.