Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid rescore questions..help..ASAP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rapid rescore questions..help..ASAP

I recently applied for a mortgage right before Christmas.  My mid score was 639 and husbands was 646.  I needed one point which occurred within three days after they pulled credit.  I had equifax score watch so it was the same score she was pulling.  I asked if she could go ahead and repull at that point and she said she had to wait thirty days.  I got an email today that they had ran some program that said if I paid down x amount on three cards I would get a 20-30 point boost.  And she said for me to do this I had to pay $182.  I'm very confused and need help on what I need to do.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
newstart2010
Blogger

Re: Rapid rescore questions..help..ASAP

Sounds like paying for a rapid rescore, and she wants you to pay down a few things before doing so.  am i correct?  

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes she wants me to pay down more on credit utilization which I have been doing but increase the amounts some.  I just don't understand why a rapid rescore if some have already updated...why not just repull the reports?  And why do I have to pay for the rescore?  I have read where others haven't had to.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Btw...my current fico 04 score is 643...above the mid score she was looking for.

Message 4 of 10
newstart2010
Blogger

It sounds like you both need to make sure you are on the same page.  She wants your utilization low, and if you need to pay down a few more things you will need to rescore so that the reports show the proper data and current balances toget the correct fico score.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 5 of 10
korunner
Established Member

It's illegal to charge the borrower for a rapid rescore.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what do have been readin so I'm trying to fin some basis for this before I move forward with this.  Very frustrated at this time.

Message 7 of 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@korunner wrote:

It's illegal to charge the borrower for a rapid rescore.

many still charge it......  cheapskate lenders

Retired Lender
Message 8 of 10
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes she wants me to pay down more on credit utilization which I have been doing but increase the amounts some.  I just don't understand why a rapid rescore if some have already updated...why not just repull the reports?  And why do I have to pay for the rescore?  I have read where others haven't had to.

loan officer either doesnt understand or they have some weird policy

this should not be a problem at any lender

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 10
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

It sounds like the loan officer has used a FICO simulator called Credit Xpert.  The best and most accurate similator on the market. (for  lenders only)   I would follow the advice.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.