Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rate predictions for 2015?

tag
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Rate predictions for 2015?

http://thenationalrealestatepost.com/barry-habib-predicts-big-rate-drop-for-2015/

Rate guru begins speaking at 1:40 or so

Retired Lender
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Rate predictions for 2015?

I believe this rate guru is short-sighted in his oil industry monologue.  In the 90's oil companies were thriving (worked for one), and I was enjoying my 1.05/gallon gas.  I hope the Shells and BPs of the world recognize oil prices go through peaks and valleys just like the stock market, and they hedge against it (I'm sure they should have top notch Treasury depts).  A company's financial health is measured by the strength of it's Balance Sheet and Cashflow statement, and because they have reaped huge financial benefits from oil prices being at peak for so many years, they are golden in both areas. Oil consumption will continue to increase, and the companies will continue to explore and produce more of it....hopefully, they will have the opportunity to explore/produce more right here in the US. They can weather any drop in price as it is sure to only be temporary.

I hope the rates do continue to fall, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ticked upward.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.