Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My home buying journey 07/01 update

tag
Hoya08
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally Pre-approved! VA Home Loan Updated

That's odd, but yeah, if that's how they're going about it, you can't do much but comply... unless you switch lender Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 17
maniacmcgoo
Established Member

So I found out why they sent me through underwriting. The lender wanted to ensure that once i bid on a house that I wouldn't have any problems closing. I've been given the thumbs up from the underwriter and went to look at 4 houses last night. I put a bid on it Smiley Happy now to see how this process plays out.

It's crazy how fast the market moves around here. The house I bid on had been on the market since monday and i saw it wednesday and there were already two other bids. The seller's agent hadn't been able to present the bids to the seller yet so i still had some time to get a bid in. from listing to 3 bids it took 3 days. /crazy

Message 12 of 17
Amythyst
Contributor

I live in northern VA too!  Hi neighbor... Smiley Wink  Good luck!  Hope it all works out... this has to be the most annoying and frustrating process on the planet. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 17
maniacmcgoo
Established Member

HI!

I'm probably quite strange but I enjoy the process of house hunting it's very informative. The loan stuff seems to be needlessly convoluted but I'm sure there are good reasons for it so i'll vent a bit and accept that i don't know enough to wisely judge the mortgage brokers for what they do.

My bid was not accepted so... time to look for more houses!

Message 14 of 17
maniacmcgoo
Established Member

Update 07/01/2013

Saw a house on Zillow and my Realtor set up a showing. Put a bid on the house this past thursday and found out that the seller accepted my bid Friday evening.

Inspector is scheduled for wednesday afternoon. Taking a half day at work so i can be there.

Expected closing date of 09 AUG 2013

HUZZAH!

Message 15 of 17
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

thats wonderful!

Message 16 of 17
blunderer
Established Contributor

Great news! Yaaaaay You!!!!!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.