Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realistic Options...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Realistic Options...

I appreciate all the advice given and now have my own situation to offer up.

Looking at buying home in February as lease ends on the last day of month.  I would prefer to just go to BOA and keep things simple (30yr fixed) but will obviously shop.  Here is the raw data.  You tell me the options that I will have.

Income - me - 95Ksalary, 10K bonus, wife - 50k salary
Debt - 0 recurring, 8 payments left on auto at 500per.  1500 in student loans.  (both in my name only)
Retirement Balance - me -20k, wife - 60k.  ( I am now maxing out 401k so my take home is much lower than could be)

FICO - me - 688,667,662,  wife - 656,628,649  .  these are today and will only go up as we near year end.
no collections, just some lates over 1 year old.

Downpayment - 15K

Looking at 300-325K home in Overland Park, Kansas.

Thanks  
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Realistic Options...

looks pretty good-
Installment with less than 10 oaymnets left are not calculated in DTI

They calculate on Gross income- so maxing the 401K does not hurt you-

Keep paying on time and keep revolving balances down.

@Anonymous wrote:
Looking at buying home in February as lease ends on the last day of month. I would prefer to just go to BOA and keep things simple (30yr fixed) but will obviously shop. Here is the raw data. You tell me the options that I will have.
Income - me - 95Ksalary, 10K bonus, wife - 50k salary
Debt - 0 recurring, 8 payments left on auto at 500per. 1500 in student loans. (both in my name only)
Retirement Balance - me -20k, wife - 60k. ( I am now maxing out 401k so my take home is much lower than could be)
FICO - me - 688,667,662, wife - 656,628,649 . these are today and will only go up as we near year end.
Downpayment - 15K
Thanks

Message 2 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

You should be fine to choose whatever loan program you want except FHA, as FHA loan limits aren't that high in Johnson County.  If you don't have 3% or 5% down then I would just stick to 100% financing, putting 2.99% down or less wouldn't help out the terms any.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

texhawk wrote:

Looking at buying home in February as lease ends on the last day of month.  I would prefer to just go to BOA and keep things simple (30yr fixed) but will obviously shop.  Here is the raw data.  You tell me the options that I will have.

Income - me - 95Ksalary, 10K bonus, wife - 50k salary
Debt - 0 recurring, 8 payments left on auto at 500per.  1500 in student loans.  (both in my name only)
Retirement Balance - me -20k, wife - 60k.  ( I am now maxing out 401k so my take home is much lower than could be)

FICO - me - 688,667,662,  wife - 656,628,649  .  these are today and will only go up as we near year end.

Downpayment - 15K

Thanks  

Try sending some gw letters on the lates.  All it would cost is the price of a stamp but if they honor them your scores will get better and will save you thousands once you get your mortgage
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.