cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent apartment lease CR hurts the house search mortgage scores?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Established Contributor

Recent apartment lease CR hurts the house search mortgage scores?

Recently rented an apartment and got a hardpull on CR. i believe its EX bureau. i was actually in the garden from Feb,2016 to boost the scores for buying home. will this recent apartment lease credit check hurt on my mortgage loan scores? i m planning to look for home purchase in summer 2017.

7/12/2019 FICO TU-815|EX - 787|EQ -809
Total Credit - $300K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 785
Goal Score: 810

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since June/2019
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Moderator Emerita

Re: Recent apartment lease CR hurts the house search mortgage scores?

@GetMeSlick wrote:

Recently rented an apartment and got a hardpull on CR. i believe its EX bureau. i was actually in the garden from Feb,2016 to boost the scores for buying home. will this recent apartment lease credit check hurt on my mortgage loan scores? i m planning to look for home purchase in summer 2017.

No, it shouldn't hurt you at all. Worst case, the lender will want an explanation for the inquiry, but all you have to do is say what you have said here. 

Message 2 of 3
Established Contributor

Re: Recent apartment lease CR hurts the house search mortgage scores?

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@GetMeSlick wrote:

No, it shouldn't hurt you at all. Worst case, the lender will want an explanation for the inquiry, but all you have to do is say what you have said here. 

thanks , this helps me to relax.

7/12/2019 FICO TU-815|EX - 787|EQ -809
Total Credit - $300K+
Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 785
Goal Score: 810

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Gardening since June/2019
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.