Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent apps

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Recent apps

Anyone with a recent mortgage app want to share how close your mortgage pull was from the my Fico mortgage scores ? I am praying they are same or similar cut was curious about recent news!!!?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recent apps

I'm scheduled for preapprovals with lenders starting on Tuesday so I can let you know. My mortgages scores from My Fico are dated back to May 20th, 2016. This was my sign up date and I'm not due to see new mortgage scores until 8/20/16. This may cause a bit of a difference in itself because my Fico 8 scores have jumped up since May.

EQ +11, TU +17, EX +11 since 5/20/16.

Current FICO Score 8 EQ 789, TU 791, EX 787

Starting FICO Score 8 EQ 778, TU 774, EX 776

5/20/16 FICO 5 (Mortgage)EQ 742, TU 729, EX 740

Message 2 of 11
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Please keep us posted, I plan on an app in Jan if things keep looking up! You should be sitting pretty with those scores! Come let us know on Tuesday!!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine were spot on. Exactly.
Message 4 of 11
Appleman
Valued Contributor

I went through a local mortgage broker and I told him my exact fico mortgage scores (pulled a fresh 3B before I called him).

He was surprised that I was able to tell him my exact scores. I used Credit Sesame to tell me my DTI and it was spot on for TU.

Message 5 of 11
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

So Apple you are saying the scores your lender pulled matched the Fico scores on your 3 b?
Message 6 of 11
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Yes, I told the broker what my scores were (The mortgage versions for each bureau) prior to him pulling.

They used CREDIT PLUS to pull all three bureaus and the mortgage scores were spot on.

As a caution a lender may have what is known as an overlay (believe I have that right) and it may alter their score. My understanding is that the overlay is a modifiation individual lenders can make.

Message 7 of 11
iv
Valued Contributor

@Sbrooks1 wrote:
Anyone with a recent mortgage app want to share how close your mortgage pull was from the my Fico mortgage scores ? I am praying they are same or similar cut was curious about recent news!!!?

The EX2/TU4/EQ5 scores on MyFICO are the exact scores mandated by Fannie/Freddie/FHA/etc for mortages.

Assuming there are no changes on the reports between when you pull here, and when the lender pulls, they will match exactly.

@Appleman wrote:

Yes, I told the broker what my scores were (The mortgage versions for each bureau) prior to him pulling.

They used CREDIT PLUS to pull all three bureaus and the mortgage scores were spot on.

As a caution a lender may have what is known as an overlay (believe I have that right) and it may alter their score. My understanding is that the overlay is a modifiation individual lenders can make.

Lender overlays do not change FICO scores in any way.

Lender overlays change the conditions that the lender is willing to lend under - which may including requiring a higher mid-score than Fannie/Freddie/FHA/etc mandate.

But the scores are the scores, they are the same across lenders.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was getting middle score of 677 from MyFico. Mortgage pull said 682.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm scheduled for preapprovals with lenders starting on Tuesday so I can let you know. My mortgages scores from My Fico are dated back to May 20th, 2016. This was my sign up date and I'm not due to see new mortgage scores until 8/20/16. This may cause a bit of a difference in itself because my Fico 8 scores have jumped up since May.

5/20/16 Starting FICO Score 8 EQ 778, TU 774, EX 776
7/24/16 Current FICO Score 8 EQ 789, TU 791, EX 787

-----------------------------------------EQ +11, TU +17, EX +11

5/20/16 FICO 5 (Mortgage)--------------------------EQ 742, TU 729, EX 740
7/25/16 PRE APPROVAL CREDIT PULL--------EQ 754, TU 729, EX 743

--------------------------------------------------------------EQ +12, TU +0, EX +3

Got my scores pulled earlier today from a lender and they are fairly close. Mind you, my original scores were pulled two months ago. As you can see, the difference between my FICO 8 increase and my mortgage scores increase are quite different.

I saw a bigger increase in my Equifax score, no increase on my TransUnion, and only a 3 point increase on Experian .

Thankfully, my middle score was 743, so that landed me in a good tier, as far as mortgage rates go.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.