cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent salary raise pushed me past USDA Guaranteed income limit, after being approved

tag
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

Re: Recent salary raise pushed me past USDA Guaranteed income limit, after being approved

Well well, you'll have a great story to tell your child!

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 11 of 15
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Re: Recent salary raise pushed me past USDA Guaranteed income limit, after being approved

@doublespaces wrote:

Well well, you'll have a great story to tell your child!

I totally agree!!  Smiley Wink

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. Reading everyone's replies makes me question my ethics. My first thought was "No! No! Why did you say anything?" Personally, I would always trust my lender's advice over the agents, afterall the lender handles the financials and the agent shows you pretty houses. What if you had received the raise the day after closing, what then? Don't get me wrong, yes everyone else is right... it's better safe than sorry. But my first instinct would have been to shut up, and claim ignorance. Whichever you  choose, I hope it works out in your favor.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, even now, I still question the choice I made.  At one point, I was ready to do what you said, and take the lender's advice over the agents.  It does make sense, the lender should know all the rules and be able to make the final call.  The agents don't even really need to be involved at that point.  However, it is pretty hard to fly in the face of what multiple agents are strongly urging you to do (not to sign the papers).  And I am pretty sure the lender was covering their back in such a way that they would have no liability, and it would look like I had made the decision to use the older paycheck myself, if worse came to worse.

Overall though, I think if I would have shut up in the very beginning and just used an older paycheck that had a matching salary without really thinking about it, everything would have been fine.  But once I had disclosed my higher salary and the agents had harped on it as an issue, there is just too much evidence to claim ignorance. Smiley Sad

-Anthony

Message 14 of 15
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

In the defence of realtors, I think we need to remember that realtors can lose their license over something like this.  Realtors are governed by some pretty strict ethical standards. They have a duty to report things like this. I don't think they want to risk their livelyhood over situations such as yours. I think Ive read somewhere that a certain percentage of loans are audited after the close.   Meaning, the banks/government actually look for sitautions like yours. 

Congrats on the  baby, as well as the resolution you found to overcome your porblem.  But I think you're selling the duties & responsibilities of realtors a little short.

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.