Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommedations for mortgage loan

tag
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

Recommedations for mortgage loan

I hope you all can help me out. I live near Nashville and we are building a home with Ryan homes. Purchase agreement has been signed with NVR mortgage mainly because they offered us 5000.00 in closing costs. Since then I've read some reviews and I am considering alternative lenders in our area. We spoke with another local lender but he didn't offer closing cost benefit so my fiance wants to go wtih NVR unless we can find another lender with similar closing benefit. 

Right now our application for pre-approval is in underwriting. We are both veterans. We want to get a 30 year VA loan with fixed interest rate. 

If anyone has advice please respond or pm me! Thank you!Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Recommedations for mortgage loan

is nvr the builder's preferred lender?

that might be why the incentive is there.

any lender can give an incentive. <= if you qualify for 3.75% they give you 4% and closing cost credit.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 8
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

Thanks, yes Ryan homes pointed us that way. The closing costs are the issue, I wanted to check out other lenders in the area and see if we could get a similar perks with a more reputable lender.  It's been almost a month since NVR pulled our credit to pre-qualify us so is it too late to try with other lenders or would the inquiry hurt us? Thanks Dallas Loan Guy!

Message 3 of 8
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

The inquiry would only hurt (points wise) if it was done outside of 30 days since the last was pulled.  CRA's know this as it gives you ample time to shop around, inquiry is coded as mortgage not like a CC.

Message 4 of 8
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

great! Thanks

Message 5 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

might lose a handful of points.

and that may or may not hurt you. depends on the score now

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 8
ArmyWifeMBA
Valued Member

But, the points will drop AFTER the pull.  So, if you check now, I would think whatever your Mortgage score is showing is what the lender will see.

Message 7 of 8
Pineknot69
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.