cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance and late mortgage payments

tag
brookesmommy2006

Refinance and late mortgage payments

**backstory** I am working on my credit. I just took a personal loan with a lower interest rate to pay off all my credit cards and do some home improvements. My home value has increased about $10,000-$15,000 from time i purchased it. Mortgage is currently $140k with home appraisal value $160k at time of purchase. I want to refi and get rid of Pmi and hopefully get a lower payment.

I have 6 late payments of 30 days on the mortgage from the past 2 years. Most recent was Jan 2018 Smiley Sad **I know that is terrible**

Should I or do I have to wait a certain length of time before applying for a refinance? What things should i do to help my score other than continue paying on time? All of my student loans and car payment have been paid on time and are in good standing. Credit cards pd off. I only have the personal loan in good standing that I will be paying on.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refinance and late mortgage payments

Well, you have to look at the root cause of why you're being late on your mortgage and fix that. Care to share? We are here to help.
Message 2 of 6
brookesmommy2006

Honestly it was bad budgeting and too many credit card payments. Credit cards paid off and I will not be using them. Only debt now is mortgage, student loans, car payment and utility bills. I feel like I am in a better place financially at this point. My budget is in place and I am trying very hard to stick to it. 

Message 3 of 6
JVille
Valued Contributor

Your lates are too current/recent and are a no go. Two to Three yrs in my opinion to refi. JMHO
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@brookesmommy2006wrote:

Honestly it was bad budgeting and too many credit card payments. Credit cards paid off and I will not be using them. Only debt now is mortgage, student loans, car payment and utility bills. I feel like I am in a better place financially at this point. My budget is in place and I am trying very hard to stick to it. 

Hmm, seems like a discipline issue on CC spending Smiley Happy heppens to the best of us.  This is what i do in a daily/month basis to keep track.

Bill / Due DateAmount
Netflix 1st$15.00
Water 1st$100.00
Gas 14th$100.00
School Loan 17th$600.00
Cable 13th$80.00
Cell 15th $300.00
Groceies$500.00
Gas$250.00
 Add bill here$0.00
 Add bill here$0.00
 Add bill here$0.00
 Add bill here$0.00
 Add bill here$0.00
 Add bill here$0.00
 Add bill here$0.00
 Add bill here$0.00
Mortgage$0.00
Total Bills$1,945.00 bills sum
Checks Coming w/date
4/1/2018$3,000.00
4/15/2018$3,000.00
 $6,000.00 income

Currently
Total$6,000.00

Left after bills$4,055.00 income - bills

So basically:

Money coming in from checks

---     Bills for the month

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Total left avilable after paying bills

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i also add every single bill on my Prism app. LOVE IT!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.