Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinance questions...

tag
BS3
New Contributor

Refinance questions...

I have been married for 7 years & owned  my home before.  My name is solely on the house & mortgage.  I would like to refinance, my EQ is 622, my TU is 636. I have sent out GW letters and called a collection from 2007. The collection contacted original medical & they agreed to report to all 3 CB's to have removed - these things have not showed up on my report yet, so am looking for increased credit scores. I have also worked out a schedule to pay down my CC debt to help improve my scores.  First, do I keep the house in my name so we can take advantage of first time home buyer for my husband down the road?  I personally make 65K and owe 132K on my home. My husbands scores & income are similar to mine.  We share only 1 CC, even our checking accounts are separate. We both have 401K's.  Where is a good place to check into refinancing?  I am currently with OneMain and know I need to switch as my current interest rate is exceptionally high. What are my options?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Refinance questions...

Bump
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If OneMain sold your mortgage to either FREDDIE or FANNIE you should be able to refi with HARP 2.0.    One of the girls I work with has not so good credit ,, She cut her rate from 7% to 3.5% with a very streamlined process. .

You can refi with any bank ...

Good luck ..

Message 3 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

What type of loan are you in presently? Was it conventional? FHA? USDA? VA?

Depending on what type of loan you had there may be programs to make the refinance an easy transition.

Just keep in mind if that each program works differently.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 6
BS3
New Contributor

30 year conventional. One Main holds the mortgage.

Message 5 of 6
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

You can refinance but your scores will play a part of it. If you can bring your scores up will benefit you.

Choose a broker or lo you would like to deal with and see what they can offer you. Compare both if you can.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.