Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinanced mortgage old loan still shows

tag
Bogey1975
Contributor

Refinanced mortgage old loan still shows

DW and I refinanced our mortgage last month now the new loan shows with the old loan, will this bring down our mortgage score? Or does the algorithm account for a loan of the exact same amount? The old loan is through Wells Fargo, do I need to call them to remove? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Refinanced mortgage old loan still shows

@Bogey1975 wrote:

DW and I refinanced our mortgage last month now the new loan shows with the old loan, will this bring down our mortgage score? Or does the algorithm account for a loan of the exact same amount? The old loan is through Wells Fargo, do I need to call them to remove? 

I am not sure what you are asking. 

When you refinance a loan the correct reporting is for the old loan to show as closed/paid and the new loan to show your current balance. Is that what is showing for you? 

In regards to your question about mortgage scores, in my experience, the new loan will decrease your mortgage scores, doesn't matter if the new loan is the result of a refinance or a purchase. 

Message 2 of 5
Bogey1975
Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

@Bogey1975 wrote:

When you refinance a loan the correct reporting is for the old loan to show as closed/paid and the new loan to show your current balance. Is that what is showing for you? 

In regards to your question about mortgage scores, in my experience, the new loan will decrease your mortgage scores, doesn't matter if the new loan is the result of a refinance or a purchase. 

Currently both are showing as active loans. 

Message 3 of 5
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Bogey1975 wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

@Bogey1975 wrote:

Currently both are showing as active loans. 

I would give your old lender 45-60 days after you closed on your new loan to finish updating everything (in my experience it normally takes ~30 days but with the current state of the world things are still taking longer to report)

Message 4 of 5
JVille
Valued Contributor

THIS.... my experience this last summer is that it took 60+ days for my old paid off mortgages to update and reflect paid off.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.