Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regions for USDA loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regions for USDA loan

I chose to have my USDA loan application processed through Regions/AmSouth since that is my bank.  It has been about 3 weeks and I am still waiting on approval.  I his normal?  I have heard that your USDA approval should not take more than 48 hours if your mid-score is over 620.  Mine is 653.

Looking for some guidance to see if I should look to another lender to get this processed.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Regions for USDA loan

What does your loan officer say?

USDA isn't rocket science.... they can either o it or not.

I would make some calls to new lenders. 

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had no reply to my first 3 attempts to reach her, then she sent an e-mail saying that she did have news about my loan and would get back to me within the hour.  She then sent an e-mail asking about insurance rates and property tax and I have not heard back from her since yesterday.
Message 3 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Sounds like you have an excellent communicator there.  USDA approvals at most lenders are taking 2-3 days.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 5
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Mine took about 2 weeks, BUT it also had extenuating circumstances. We sent in paperwork. Mortgage broker had out of state family thing and was gone 5 days. Then, he needed more info..had to fax it. Needed our 2006/7 taxes (self employed) and faxed that. After about 3-4 days, he then sent a GFE and we are approved through JPMorgan/Chase a day or two later.

So, it should really only be a few days to a week in my opinion.

Message Edited by WannaHouse on 12-09-2008 07:37 PM

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.