cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocation for Work

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Relocation for Work

Hi Forum - 

I have a question regaring mortgages and relocation:

Here are the details:

Recently I have accepted a new role in a different state.  My wife will be relocating with me and will, 90% probability, need to find another job in the new area. 

My role will be changing from a commission based program to a bonus based program.  I have been with the company 12 years, and same company with the relocation.

So...... Here are the questions I am stumped over!

Will the Underwritters include my wife's income if she is still working at the time of the purchase?

Can I count my comission even though my compensation program is changing to bonus in place of comission?

If they do not count my wifes income, can she secure future employment and then supply an offer letter for income in a similiar field?

Thanks for my guidance.

P

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Relocation for Work

@pdog661 wrote:

Hi Forum - 

I have a question regaring mortgages and relocation:

Here are the details:

Recently I have accepted a new role in a different state.  My wife will be relocating with me and will, 90% probability, need to find another job in the new area. 

My role will be changing from a commission based program to a bonus based program.  I have been with the company 12 years, and same company with the relocation.

So...... Here are the questions I am stumped over!

Will the Underwritters include my wife's income if she is still working at the time of the purchase?  no. unless she can keep the job. work from home or commute a reasonable distance

Can I count my comission even though my compensation program is changing to bonus in place of comission?  nope. we use the new income only.

If they do not count my wifes income, can she secure future employment and then supply an offer letter for income in a similiar field?  some lenders in the past would use an offer letter. me included. but i havent been abe to do that in a long time. call around and ask local lenders/

Thanks for my guidance.

P

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.