cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Disputes from Credit Report? Need help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove Disputes from Credit Report? Need help.

Looking for advice that anyone has in dealing with TransUnion and Equifax/CSC to remove credit disputes from credit report quickly. I had problems with an FHA loan and had to convert to conventional. FHA would overlook disputed items on my credit report, however, that is not true with a conventional loan. I have successfully removed 2 disputed with Experian, 1 dispute with TransUnion and NO disputes with Equifax. Long story short, I am looking for assistance in removing one dispute with TransUnion and one dispute with Equifax/CSC. Has anyone else in the community had a similar problem in the last 2 weeks of their loan process and do you have any advice at all in a soeedy dispute removal w/ the credit bureaus?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove Disputes from Credit Report? Need help.

I'm sorta in the same boat as you...except I think I got some time to work at it, at least a few days..
I just signed the contract yesterday and now it's going to UW so I am gonna try and remove a few of those myself.

Just curious, do the items showing disputed have a balance?

Have you heard anything about disputed items having a Zero balance mattering?

Who is your lender?

If I find out any information I'll post back too.

Thanks

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, yes - even if the account has a zero balance. Any reference to a dispute will stop the loan process entirely. That was my first question to my LO! I asked if I paid the item would that negate the dispute and he said no, the dispute still must be removed. I spoke with the collection agency and even if I pay it right now, they will not issue a letter stating it has been paid in full for 21 days. I am to close in 12 days, so that doesn't do me any good either. And that is only IF I could get someone at Portfolio to write in that letter that I am not disputing the account along with stating it is paid in full.

I researched to see why this is happening -- this is what I read. 

http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-10-25/real-estate/17184983_1_fannie-mae-credit-files-consumer-s-scor...

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good news - I received a letter today from HSBC stating that I am not disputing the account. I faxed a copy of HSBC's letter to TransUnion this afternoon requesting that TransUnion immediately remove the dispute status from my credit file.

I also faxed a copy of Portfolio Recovery's letter to Equifax today, although I do not think the letter Portfolio Recovery provided meets Equifax's stringent criteria. I should have a definite answer on that tomorrow. Equifax confirmed receipt today and advised that they would need another 24 hours to review and render a decision.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to "Asia" not sure of the spelling, at Portfolio Recovery and she updated immediately on their end.  Her extension is 12017, she was a great help.
Experian, just like you said "All Gone w/in 12hrs" Awesome!

TransUnion is a pain in keester...

Good Luck.

ps. My LO said Chase Bank is not concerned with those dispute comments if the account is paid.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if you realized this, but that thread you linked to is over a year old. Alot has changed since then with the process...Just FYI

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

How funny. I am speaking to Asia too. Asia Williams. She's very helpful. Did she send you a letter??  I am wondering if your letter is the same as mine because I am still having a terrible time with Equifax/CSC. I faxed a copy of Asia's fax stating Portfolio Recovery is removing the dispute - and Equifax rejected the letter.

I sent HSBC's letter to TransUnion on Monday afternoon and as of Tuesday afternoon, that dispute is no longer shown on my TU report.

So, as of tonight, I only have to get one last dispute removed from my Equifax credit file - and it is the Portfolio Recovery acct. My LO is working on his end to help resolve this problem with Equifax.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please share the tx or fax numbers you are using.

Thanks

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this?  Here's my story....

Wells fargo couldn't approve my preapproval due to dispute remarks on my credit report.  Here's what I did and where I'm at so far:

- Called EX; they deleted the dispute comments immediately on all TL's.

- Called EQ, they need something from the creditor

- Called TU; they need something from the creditor

- Called student loan co; I got a fax a few hours later and faxed it to TU and EQ.

- Called HSBC, they asked that I fax the request to the credit bureau area, which I did, and they would remove the dispute comment.  I haven't heard anything from them since I sent the fax.

This is all in the last 24 hours.  I keep hammering away trying to get these dispute comments off.  How did you handle HSBC?  This is the one I'm most concerned about.  Student loans appear to be resolved since they ahve updated the  CRA's and I have also faxed the letter to them as well.

My goal: get these OFF my reports by next Tuesday! 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update

I pulled my CR from all 3 CRA's this morning, dispute remarks are gone from all 3! 

Now, just waiting for LO to pull my credit again, to pick up the changes.

According to him, this was the only thing that was holding up an approval via automatic underwriting.  So, hopefully the rest of the preapproval process will go smoothly!!!  Wish me luck.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.