cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove spouse name from home deed

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Visitor

Remove spouse name from home deed

Hi there,
My current home deed has both of our names. However, due to her parents health reasons my wife has moved to India for indefinite period (we are non immigrants and currently on temporary work visas). I am also planning to settle things up and move to India soon. Given she is not planning to come anytime soon to the US, and we are planning to sell the house, we have decided to remove her name from the deed using quitclaim. Question is can she sign the form in India and notarize it with Indian notary and send it to me so that I can submit that here to remove her name from the deed? If not what are our best options without her traveling to the US?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
New Contributor

Re: Remove spouse name from home deed

If you are truly planning on selling the house and moving back to India, there's no need to remove her name from the deed. The closing of the sale will resolve all of that. 

Message 2 of 3
Visitor

Re: Remove spouse name from home deed

Thanks for your response. Will I be able to sell the house with my spouse being in the deed and she not present in the USA?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.