Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing Escrow From Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removing Escrow From Loan

I changed homeowners insurance and sent all the information to the mortgage company to pay the new insurance company out of the escrow account.   The mortgage company sent the check to the wrong insurance company.  The insurance company sent me a computer generated letter indicating my insurance would be canceled due to non-payment as it has been almost 3 weeks of not receiving the payment.

I contacted the mortgage company and they figured out the check was sent to wrong place.  All of this caused me a lot of frustration and I filed a complaint with the BBB. I was frustrated because I pay all my bills on time and I do not like receiving letters about late payments or cancelation letters.  

In the complaint to BBB, I requested the mortgage company remove the escrow account from the loan and allow me to pay my own taxes and insurances each year.  Since they were not competent enough to send the payment to the correct insurance company, is my request to have the escrow account removed despite my not yet being eligible to have it removed? Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Removing Escrow From Loan

The BBB does not have the power to make your loan servicer remove the escrow account. That was agreed to upon the approval of your loan. What type of loan did you do? 

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.